Skyrim become the High King

cpnplanet

I 100% support this mod, although I am skeptical as to whether anyone will have the time/patience it takes to make such a mod possible. The amount of scripting, features, and quests would be immense. It is completely possible since we've seen very detailed quests already created, but more than likely a mod team would have to be created for such a large undertaking (like the dragonborn legacy mod team). Great idea though, I hope this mod gets created more than any other I've seen so far!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Technically, I just became high king of skyrim. I am at the end of the main quest with the only active quest is reporting to the dark mother. However, I d/l'ed the mod that allowed me to marry elisif the fair, essentially making me high king. Since she was married to high king torygg (sp) she was high queen. Now that she is my spouse, and that I have conquered the world, I should be high king by default, with all the jarls swearing fealty to me.

That's not exactly how it works. You don't marry into being High King / High Queen, you get voted in by the rest of the Jarls. There is NO other way to become High King. Being high King doesn't make the Jarls swear fealty to you, the Jarls must do that to become High King.

Anyway, I do agree with this mod. I hate both Imperials and Stormcloaks beyond compare, except with each other. The Imperials turned their back on a god, to the point they'd kill anyone who worships him, treating them as Heretics. And the Stormcloaks are just a bunch of racists. I think you should join the Imperials / Stormcloaks, then at the moment you go to get The Jagged Crown, some shady guy will talk to you, and try to convince you to betray your current affiliation to become your own faction, and keep the crown. Then, this person will give you some troops, some special kind, of which will be your soldiers. Maybe in Hedge Knight armour?

Then, the rest may be sort of simple, I think. Copy the events of both of the Stormcloak and Imperial story, so that when you're taking an Imperial hold, you'll have the Stormcloak event, HOWEVER... The troops will simply be replaced, and who you rescue will be replaced.

So this personal faction will have two separate stories, fighting the Imperials (Same as the Stormcloak campaign but with the Stormcloaks replaced), and fighting the Stormcloaks (Same as Imperial campaign, but of course with the Imperials replaced), and after both are completed, there will be a final quest of becoming High King. At the end of the fight against the Imperials, you yourself will spare Elisif (Or your officer, who'd by coincidence have the same voice as Ulfric, for the sake of not having to get a new voice actor. And at the end of the fight against the Stormcloaks, you yourself should kill Ulfric.

• 1 month later...

This should be an official DLC... a full sized one too.

As a dragonborn you are given a divine mandate (officially the line of septim rules because they were made dragonborn by akatosh). As the last living dragonborn you are the only one who has such a mandate. And as the dragonborn you combine said divine mandate with awesome godlike power that allows you to single handedly slaughter whole armies. (which is always critical when trying to press a divine mandate over the existing rulers)

Furthermore, the factions are supposed to be shades of grey but are actually all nazies under a different name.

I like the idea overall but I suspect that in attempting to become the 'High King' and being part of the 'Dark Brotherhood' faction it may present a problem. Keep in mind that in completing the Dark Brotherhood quests you are a wanted man with a very high bounty on your head for killing the Emperor Titus Meade II and that may impede your ability to become 'High King' of

Skyrim.

Great idea!

You know, at first I was absolute pro-stormcloak until I learned Ulfric is a f*cking racist, now what to do?

I want Maven as well as those damn Thalmor and those racist-cloaks dead, but there's no way to get that, is it? To be honest, I'd like to kill all those damn egoistic and tyrannic ones dead which come across again and again >.<

So conquering all Skyrim would be absolutely the greatest way, cause you can not only kill the hateful people out there, you can become the overly-mighty hottie-king/queen also! ^^

But I think it would make more sense if you could realize exactly this problematic thing (choose racial-racists or religious-racists) during the original questline and then choose the new third option: kick both sides and be the High King yourself! ^^

Oh, PLEASE, do this mod! :dance:

@Redbeard: Why? If you conquer a fort or town against the inhabitants will, you will have a quite high bounty, too, don't you? Soa few thousands or millions more or less, who cares ^^

What reminds me: there should be a diplomatic and a fighting way to reach this goal! ^^

Edited by Lilim ViperaVenata

After further consideration, I do agree that the High King concept is a good start in adding the next version of Elder Scrolls. Ever since Tiber Septim became Emperor because of the 'dragon blood' granted by Akatosh the development of Tamriel began. After several episodes of the Elder Scrolls through Morrowind to Skyrim the overall empire has risen to prosperity. But just after the Oblivion crisis has ended the Emperor Title has been presented to a persons not of the dragon blood. If the success of becoming the High King of Skyrim is taken into consideration and because of the dragon blood it seems the next Elder Scroll would be to make the game where 'The High King of Skyrim' travels to all of the provinces of Tamriel reclaiming the Emperor title either through combat or the current holder of the leadership of the provinces relinquishes control to the new Emperor. But this would mean the rebuilding of Tamriel from the ground up province by province and then what would happen? The Elder Scrolls are written over vast amounts of time and the challenge is to find the ultimate concept of what an empire should or would be. But if the 'High King' mod is successful then the next Elder Scroll is ready to be written.