• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

BGatot

BGatot

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
A kraken would fit the atmosphere and lore well, the kraken is well established in Viking culture. The Nord is sort of based on the Vikings, right? Though given that we do not utilize ships at all (except as static objects) in Skyrim, gigantic sea creatures are moot point anyway. I suppose a dragon's dangerous enough should it attack ships.

Senaira

Senaira

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I'm quite glad...if skyrim had sharks...I don't even want to think about it o_O'

Orca's would be fitting though.

jy02521671

jy02521671

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

If you did find a sea monster, how would you fight it?

i want to know it too

you cant attack while underwater. you cant cast spell underwater, you cant even pull your fists out underwater. thats just absurd.

seems the only way to kill a slaughterfish underwater is by putting on your ebony mail and poison them to death

NephilimNexus

NephilimNexus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

If you did find a sea monster, how would you fight it?

Good point. Anyone try swinging their sword underwater in Skyrim? 'Cuz you can't. One step forward, two steps back.

Though back in Oblivion there was, in fact, a giant slaughterfish the size of a small whale inside a cave. Not a pleasant surprise.

Saint_Jimmyz

Saint_Jimmyz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

I was hoping for a mammoth-sea animal like a whale, but I think they left it out of gigantic lakes. There ARE tales of lakemonsters and there ARE tales of dragons, so why not both?

You are the dragonborn, not the krakenborn.

Jackal2233

Jackal2233

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
THE KRAKEN!!! Seriously, someone needs to mod that, it's a nordic-themed game after all!

daventry

daventry

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts
Is there even an Underwater City, i would expect half of Winterhold

I already found Blackreach witch is underground.

Rennn

Rennn

Grossly Incandescent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts
At least we have better water environments than Oblvion; now mods will be able to be built around adding functionality to water, rather than just making it pretty, since it's already scenic enough. First, I'd like to see enlarged slaughterfish (orc-sized) with bumped stats. In time, I'm hoping for some legendary sea monsters in other mods, like a tribe of Deep Ones. Also, Cthulhu.

Edited by Rennn, 15 December 2011 - 02:38 PM.

Aegrus

Aegrus

Resident Writaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
There are larger areas of open sea to the north of Skyrim, around all the icebergs. An intrepid modder could probably fit some sea monsters up there.

Also, Krakenborn sounds awesome.

ginnyfizz

ginnyfizz

The ONE AND ONLY Official Queen of the Nexus

• Premium Member
  • 3,471 posts
Kraken, or Grendel type sea monster would fit in very well methinks.

*Scurries off to her copy of Beowulf....*

Page loaded in: 1.206 seconds