No sea monsters?!?

Zethalas

A kraken would fit the atmosphere and lore well, the kraken is well established in Viking culture. The Nord is sort of based on the Vikings, right? Though given that we do not utilize ships at all (except as static objects) in Skyrim, gigantic sea creatures are moot point anyway. I suppose a dragon's dangerous enough should it attack ships.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you did find a sea monster, how would you fight it?

i want to know it too

you cant attack while underwater. you cant cast spell underwater, you cant even pull your fists out underwater. thats just absurd.

seems the only way to kill a slaughterfish underwater is by putting on your ebony mail and poison them to death

If you did find a sea monster, how would you fight it?

Good point. Anyone try swinging their sword underwater in Skyrim? 'Cuz you can't. One step forward, two steps back.

Though back in Oblivion there was, in fact, a giant slaughterfish the size of a small whale inside a cave. Not a pleasant surprise.

At least we have better water environments than Oblvion; now mods will be able to be built around adding functionality to water, rather than just making it pretty, since it's already scenic enough. First, I'd like to see enlarged slaughterfish (orc-sized) with bumped stats. In time, I'm hoping for some legendary sea monsters in other mods, like a tribe of Deep Ones. Also, Cthulhu. Edited by Rennn

There are larger areas of open sea to the north of Skyrim, around all the icebergs. An intrepid modder could probably fit some sea monsters up there.

Also, Krakenborn sounds awesome.