[WIP] Skyrim: Global Evolution

Bongfu

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2139/sgelogo.png

Skyrim: Global Evolution

Influence the fate of Skyrim by taking part in an adventure unlike any other seen in the Elder Scrolls series. Build, manage, and rule your lands. Wage war on other rules and factions. Forge alliances and trade partners from all across Tamriel. With new skills, equipment, NPCs, creatures, and items, SGE will offer an unparalleled sandbox experience. Whether you create a small forest camp or a metropolis to rival the Imperial city, the choice will be yours.

Download Link

Village Management

· Crime system with working jails.

· Guards can increase protection at increased cost.

· Treasury management, pay goes in and out.

· NPC schedules and homes.

· You can accept deliveries or trades from other provinces and jarls. But they will only aid you if you aid them. You give them ingots, they give you food.

· Defending the village from dragon, bandit, wolves, etc.

· Squabble system. Having things like clinics, wells, and sewer systems improve public health.

· Align with global factions(Bandits, Imperials, Stormcloaks, Aldmeri, Evil mages, vampires, necromancers, etc)

Engineering Skill

· New NPC, Engineer. He will sell you parts essential for engineering.

· Craft traps, contraptions, war engines, and dwemer construct companions and guards.

Construction Skill

· New NPCs, furniture makers and architects.

· New skill allows players to construct buildings and craft furniture.

· Tiered system like the other crafting.

· Expand to include things crafted from other systems.

· Construction is done by using a wooden, stone, iron or steel mallet. Wood taking the longest to build and steel the fastest. Building is done by striking/attacking the space in which the construction is taking place. Each strike at the space will advance the building in stages. 1st stage will have the framing, 2nd stage adds the actual material (cloth,wood,stone) and the 3rd stage is it complete. When buildings are in construction they have a construction bar. A wooden mallet may increase it by 1 point each strike and a steel mallet 10 points each strike. A tent may have 100 total points until its complete, but something like a stone house may have 10000 total points which will take someone 10000 strikes with a mallet to build. That is why it is essential to hire construction workers that can do this for you or with you if you want the experience points to level up your construction skill.

Trade and Economy

· NPCs with tradeskills that contribute to your village, ie hunters, miners, smiths, farmers, etc.

· Hire adventurers to seek magical items for you.

· Trade with other cities.

· Player driven economy.

· Caravans and expeditions into other provinces.

· Ships for coastal cities.

· Livestock.

· Farms.

· Harvest trees and stone.

Politics and War

· Prestige. Use the Radiant AI to recognize certain deeds of your town.

· Thanes can be added to your retinue.

· Retinue system, court mages, tinkerers, stewards, harems, etc.

· Family with kids.

· Aid from friendly Jarls.

· Civil Wars

· Become the High King.

· Foreign mercenaries.

Other Ideas

· Village raids and defense.

· Random events like disease, famine, and bad crops.

· Voice actors for custom NPCs.

Mod Team

Sgtpepperslhcb -Lead Designer

Bongfu - Lead Designer

Hrusai - Monkey #1

We are recruiting experienced modders. Please no historians, writers, or people wanting tutelage. If you want to learn to mod, don't try and join a team that is taking on a project like this. We need people who know the Construction Set/GECK and other modding tools.

Edited by Bongfu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool... I'm actually planning something very similar to this.

I've got a few questions if you can answer :thumbsup:

Is this going to be set in Skyrim or a new worldspace?

All across Tamriel - are you going to be building small holds in every province, and the player is taken there via quests?

Have you released a mod for and Bethesda or another game?

I could be interested since this is fairly close to my plan, however this is much more ambitious.

"I shaw serve you as you wish, my MASTER !"

Finally a trully rpg mod ! Why everyone like's to play RPG ? Remember Morrowind or Oblivion ... they ... we ... look for become a furious barbarian, a ancient mage, a chaotic necromancer or a lawfull king... we want to be what anyone want! That's Roleplay ... and I f@#k love it!

keep up the good work and what I can do to help, you only need to ask... by the way... i'm thinking on develop a total conversion based on Forgotten Realms - D&D ... but I'll only begin when ConKit is out... for now... I'll be writting all the rules and theories.

see ya!

Cool... I'm actually planning something very similar to this.

I've got a few questions if you can answer :thumbsup:

Is this going to be set in Skyrim or a new worldspace?

All across Tamriel - are you going to be building small holds in every province, and the player is taken there via quests?

Have you released a mod for and Bethesda or another game?

I could be interested since this is fairly close to my plan, however this is much more ambitious.

Its going to be in Skyrim. As of right now, the only interaction with the other provinces will be to send and receive trade from them. Also, envoys, mercenaries, and settlers from other provinces will come your way. But who know? One day when people start making the other provinces, we may work with them and put some of our mod into theirs.

Yes I have released mods before. In Morrowind I made a series of dungeons. In Oblivion I mostly modded for myself, creating castles and villages for me to play overlord of. I have modded many other games in the past, everything from Freelancer to Shogun 2: Total War.

I am excited to follow the development of this mod. Once the CK is released, I'll be dabbling around with trade routes and other economy based items (curse of an econ major). If I get some decent mechanics and routes going, I'd be more than happy to "donate" them to your mod to help out (even if you just want to use parts here and there).