Missing Textures or Colors?

Kodiak412

I have been reading around quite a bit and cannot seem to find info about this. Occationally while playing I will experience something in the world with a bright light purple color. No variation to it just a solid color. I have seen this on trees, Dwarven gates or walls, peoples dress etc. Sometimes it will be one tree, sometimes more, and completely random. When I see this if I save, exit the game and then reload, it will go away but seems to come back somewhere else.

I have a GTX 570HD vid card. Can anyone tell me if this is some kind of missing texture game bug or is my video card acting up?

Well, its not your card,

Got the same problem, its missing texture, and even worse, when ever it happens seconds laters i get a CTD

give me just time to quick save :),

and actualy its the only problem i got with Skyrim.

ati/amd radeon HD6990 card

Hope someone got a idee?

While I don't wish misery on any other fellow gamer, I am glad to hear that someone else has seen this issue. :)

My fear was that my card was crapping out and forking out another $300+ at Xmas time was not something I wanted to do. I have never gotten a CTD because of it though. When I first saw it I was in a new section of Skyrim and I thought it was part of the game. I thought it looked really bad and I wished they didn't do it. Only after I saw this happen, saved and then reentered with the texture corrected did I figure out that it was not suppose to be that way.

I hope it can fixed in the next patch. I hope they come out with the 4gig LAA ability quickly too as I believe that might help some of the issues PC people are having. Thanks for the reply and good luck!

Sudden purple textures (as well as sudden black screens) are often the result of running out of VRAM. Skyrim does a horrible job of memory management and fragments the heck out of our system RAM as well as our VRAM. The 4gb mod helps immensely by allowing the program to call additional memory but eventually even this extra memory gets fragmented too after playing for a few hours (I'm talking about 'memory leakage' here). Apparently this can lead to video driver corruption because it can often be fixed by doing a clean sweep of your drivers and then reinstalling them (or newer versions of them.)

I suggest you read through this - http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372 - and follow it to the letter. I know it's a very long series of posts but the education you receive from it will help you understand the how's and why's and should improve your rig's functionality in every game you play (or other programs you use for that matter.)