• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

saladinbobbins

saladinbobbins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
I downloaded this and it's been working fine until Steam decided to crash. I then couldn't launch Steam so had to (following official instructions) reinstall the client. Since doing that I now I get the error message: "the procedure entry point SteamUserStats could not be located in the link library steam_api.dll" when running the 4GB Launcher. I've downloaded the dll file and placed it in the correct directory, which I believe is SysWOW64 (Windows 7 64bit) but the launcher still won't work giving me the same error message. It's worth mentioning that Skyrim launches fine when launched through Steam but due to certain dependant mods, it periodically keeps crashing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

SmilingAhab

SmilingAhab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Until the SCK comes out, you'll just have to to a local files reset and reinstall.

Official instructions don't do anything, and Bethesda has given up on providing customer service basically. I'm having audio problems and it's what they told me to do; un/reinstall, wait for the next patch. We're on our own. Which is kind of sick, because according to my pirate friend, the hacked version is already 100% compatible with this mod.

Anyways, if you've also got UAC on, try disabling it, going to the main Steam executable and setting it to Vista SP2 compatibility, do the same for the launcher, set to launch as admin, and try again.

saladinbobbins

saladinbobbins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Yeah, I was really hoping to avoid having to delete local content and reinstall. Doing that now, let's see if it works.

saladinbobbins

saladinbobbins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Alright. I deleted all local content and reinstalled it. Downloaded and installed a fresh version of the launcher and it still gives me the same error message.

saladinbobbins

saladinbobbins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Has the author given up on this mod?

SmilingAhab

SmilingAhab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I doubt it. The 4GB extender is part of the Large Address Aware project, and they've hit a wall with the 1.1 update which locked the Skyrim executable to Steam. They updated it to make a lot of peoples' Skyrims work, but that update broke this mod once already, and pretty bad. They're probably trying to figure it out too.

Edited by SmilingAhab, 17 December 2011 - 11:30 PM.

saladinbobbins

saladinbobbins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Well that's interesting because I have Skyrim 1.3 and this launcher was working with that fine until the crash. Regardless, I'm unable to use any mod using HD textures because this won't work so if anyone can help, please do help me.

Edited by saladinbobbins, 18 December 2011 - 12:32 AM.

saladinbobbins

saladinbobbins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Alright, I've just cleaned my Registry and rebooted my PC. Had no effect. Still get the same error messages.

1fajig

1fajig

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
SAME WITH ME!

I've WASTED the past couple hours trying to find a fix for these issues. Nothing. I've tried everything. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Tried to mess around with the registry files and command prompt. Nothing worked. This is a major problem with Skyrim 4gb and needs to be answered/addressed IMMEDIATELY!

Page loaded in: 1.034 seconds