SkyUI

• Please log in to reply
13527 replies to this topic

Shadeybladey

Shadeybladey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,740 posts

I prefer the smaller icons from Altas Map Markers, so I'm overriding the new map feature with the map.swf from that mod and then disabling the SkyUI warning since I know that I've disabled the newest map features on purpose.

The Value/Weight column is still available, just click the icon near the search box to configure which columns show (that V/W is off by default).

The new colored icons and many other things can be disabled/configured in the MCM (Mod Configuration Menu on the System page of the Pause menu [press ESC]).

Yes, but I disabled the map warning and it took no notice.

I couldn't find any way to add columns for v/w.

I disabled the coloured icons and it didn't work.

So I've removed 3.4 and downloaded 3.1 and it's much better.

Before that, I had 2.2 and it worked perfectly and did every thing I wanted and needed. With Categorized Favourites Menu, there's not much  more I need for the interface.

A map filter might be a good idea, so you can see only Dwemer ruins, or Shrines or Campsites, but I can't see why I would need to search for a location. I have a slightly longer attention span than the Konsole Kiddie generation.

But this is the first time a mod developer ever said "Tough" in response to a problem. If that's how he feels he can shove it where the Sun don't shine. I thought most modders did things for the community, not personal glory and power tripping. 3.1 works well enough for me. Actually, 2.2 did as well, but I wanted to  check if I needed to update before getting patch 1.9. Obviously not, or 3.4 would need SKSE 1.06.13.

But it is a concern when things get overdone into Oblivion. Something will break in the end and it'll end up permanently hidden, like SOS. Take it or leave it, but that's my opinion for what it's worth. I've seen it happen before.

Cheers!

Elgar82

Elgar82

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
In response to post #7703750.

This is the third question answered in the FAQ section of the description page of this mod. Please read the description page, there is a lot of useful information.

Amita314

Amita314

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Not sure if this is a bug with Skyui or Skse but after about 10 minutes of playing i go to use my favorites (up on the d-pad to be precise) and my game will completely freeze. Requires me to kill the process with task manager, not sure why, was using 3.4 a few days ago with no issues. i have the C++ visual studio, direct x, .net framework ect, installed and up to date. If anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated.

FathomsDeep

FathomsDeep

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Using the latest SkyUI, updated SKSE, and the most current Skyrim update, as of March 30th. I had a lot of trouble getting SKSE to behave itself this time around, but did eventually manage after several re-installs.

What I'm having trouble with now is:

"To support individual user preferences, the following properties are configurable:

• Icon size;
  • Alignment and orientation;
  • Manual position adjustment.

Note that the active effects HUD is an optional feature. It can be disabled in the SkyUI configuration menu."

I found the spot in MCM where I could disable the various warnings, but no configs for these mystery icons, for which I cannot find a complete explanation. I wouldn't mind them if I could put them where I wanted them, (lower right,) AND... if I had some clue what they each meant, specifically. As it is, they're just sort of unintuitive cryptic space-clutter. A complete explanation somewhere whould be very helpful- also, is the lack of configurability something wrong in my install, or is it actually not there for anyone yet?

Love the progress with the map- the search function's awesome! And I'm thrilled to hear there's going to be work on the Favs menu soon, too. Now if someone would just take a hammer to crafting/smithing!

TheScallywag

TheScallywag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
I set my fullscreen resolution to 1366x600 just because I was experimenting with black borders (i like them). The Inventory and Magic menu goes off the screen a bit. Anyone know why this is happening and is there a fix? Thankyou help much appreciated. :D

Shadeybladey

Shadeybladey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,740 posts

In response to post #7703750.

This is the third question answered in the FAQ section of the description page of this mod. Please read the description page, there is a lot of useful information.

Ah, there's the problem. The Description page doesn't download with the mod. And as I do nothing with Skyrim while on-line I'm not likely to be able to access it. I have to pay per kb via a broad band dongle, so I log on, do my thing and log off. ALL of this information really should be in the readme.txt that downloads with each version. All the readme.txt says on v/w for 3.1 and 3.4 is:

"2.1:

[General]
- Added several options to the installer (font size, separate V/W column, special resolution)."

I didn't want a separate column, I just wanted it to show the gold to weight ratio when I clicked to sort the column, like in older versions. But it doesn't work.

Thanks for the tip, anyway. I will have to go back to copy/pasting the description page into Word. It's amazing how many modders don't include some stuff in the readme, don't update it properly and even more amazing how many don't even bother with one at all.

But I can confirm that, for me, 3.1 gives no map error message, I can disable the coloured icons and I can even configure iHUD via the MCM thingy. That IS a good feature. I could not do any of that with 3.4.

Cheers!

Shadeybladey

Shadeybladey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,740 posts

I set my fullscreen resolution to 1366x600 just because I was experimenting with black borders (i like them). The Inventory and Magic menu goes off the screen a bit. Anyone know why this is happening and is there a fix? Thankyou help much appreciated. :biggrin:

I play at 1920 x 1080 on a 1920 x 1200 monitor, so I get the letterbox and wider field of view. But I'd guess it's going off-screen because you have back borders down the side like a picture frame and it's configured for a different width. I can manually adjust this for Categorized Favourites Menu in the cfg files, but I've only had SkyUI 3.1 for a day and not messed with that, but it might be configurable in the same way you can change icon and text size etc.

Of course, playing in wide screen with no side borders should fix it as well!

~

Agnusthemagi

Agnusthemagi

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
This mod is awesome, that everyone knows.
Are you guys planning on crafting interface support for the future?

CaedoGenesis

CaedoGenesis

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I wish there was an 'Endorse Over 9000' button. Excellent work, and the active effects update is awesome, especially useful for me personally because I use Bound Weapons :D. Well done!

PigvsBoar

PigvsBoar

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 48 posts
I remember seeing a list of mods that use MCM at some point, it may have not been on your page. Nevertheless, do you know where I can go to find that list?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.190 seconds