• Please log in to reply
13740 replies to this topic

LouieIV

LouieIV

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To update to the latest version do I need to uninstall or can I just install over the older version?
If I need to uninstall how do I that?

Thanks,
LouieIV

morpheas768

morpheas768

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
@LouieIV If you were using v1.1, or older, then go to Data - Interface, and delete the skyui folder, the inventorymenu.swf, skyui.cfg, skyui_icons_cat.swf and skyui_icons_inv.swf files.

Although I am fairly sure you can just install the new version and overwrite these files with no problem.
Also, NMM does all that for you, in like 2 seconds, so I suggest using it instead of installing/uninstalling manually.

Edited by morpheas768, 24 January 2012 - 08:17 AM.

fruitgnome

fruitgnome

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
Is it possible that this mod ad a space character in front of made potions/poisons? Or change it the names? Anyway, this is conflicted with "Categorized Favorites Menu".

Edited by fruitgnome, 24 January 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Stannis

Stannis

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey, I am using an Xbox 360 controller as a gamepad with SKYUI and it runs fine except for one thing

When I am bartering, I cannot select myself, so as to sell goods. I have to manually disable the gamepad, then use the mouse to select myself to do so

Is this a bug?

EDIT: The only bug was me not reading the FAQ properly! I just had to press the back button on the controller.

Fantastic mod, easily one of my top 3. Starting a new character with this mod almost makes it feel like a new (better!) game!

Edited by Stannis, 24 January 2012 - 10:35 AM.

elecgs

elecgs

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 233 posts
@fruitgnome: SkyUI doesn't affect the favourites menu. So it can't conflict with Categorized Favorites Menu.

lilyu

lilyu

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Great mod really, i wish i could endorse it again after each new update :)

May i suggest a new feature ? Maybe, SkyUI could had a toggle button that apply a filter hiding favorite items from the lists. This way it would be possible to hide the items the player wants to keep when talking to a shop owner so that he can safely bulk selling the loot. It would be a way to make a clear difference between the items he wants to keep and the simple junk loot. Right now, the yellow stars are already a little helpful, but hiding them would be safer.

There's no way right now to sort or filter the items based on being "favorite" or not, while i think it's an information available to SkyUI.

When playing, there's the items the player wants to sell (loot) or store in a chest in his house, and the items he wants to keep with him and carry although not equipping all the time (weapons, armor, resistance set, fortify lockpicking/pickpocket/barter items, etc). Favorite yellow stars can be a way to make a difference between those two categories. Doing so could raise a problem of encumbrance of the favorite list, but easily solved by the usage of Categorized Favorites Menu by favmenumodder

EDIT : huh, just thought of it : adding another button that hide non favorite items... would turn skyUI into a categorized fav menu ! It would remove the necessity of creating a separate fav menu (except that there would be two separate menues : inventory and one for spells).

Edited by lilyu, 24 January 2012 - 11:24 PM.

fruitgnome

fruitgnome

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
@elecgs This mod does something with poisons/potions, or not?! I'm not 100% sure that it is this mod, but I think so.

Happyfool

Happyfool

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
SKYUI does not recognize the use of 'R' button on some interactions. Namely during looting a chest and/or giving items to followers.

Mardoxx

Mardoxx

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Is it possible that this mod ad a space character in front of made potions/poisons? Or change it the names? Anyway, this is conflicted with "Categorized Favorites Menu".

No, to all.

fruitgnome

fruitgnome

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
Thx I tested it and it is not SkyUI. But which mod could it be that all new made potions/poisons has a spcae character in front of name. Or is this the original design of names? How I could solve this problem? And am I the only one?

Edited by fruitgnome, 24 January 2012 - 12:58 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 3.363 seconds