SkyUI

• Please log in to reply
13738 replies to this topic

Knobbyboy88

Knobbyboy88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Knobbyboy88, verify it's installed correctly and you don't have bad inisettings..

Check Skyrim.ini make sure that iMinMemoryPageSize, iMaxMemoryPageSize, and iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes are not out of range or invalid.
Easiest thing to do would be to set them to their default values, either by deleting them or, by setting them to the values below:

[Papyrus] iMinMemoryPageSize=128iMaxMemoryPageSize=512iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

I reinstalled both SKSE and SkyUI. Still no dice. I also checked the imin and max memory sizes in the editor file and they are both still set at the default you specified.

I even tried turning SkyUi off and the game still crashes when I try to check my inventory. It also won't let me go back to the Skyrim mainland.

This is reeeeaaaally weird...

Is there a list of mods SkyUi won't work with?

Edited by Knobbyboy88, 12 February 2013 - 12:46 AM.

CrushBoss

CrushBoss

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 717 posts
MCM Menu Troubleshooting by CrushBoss & Mardoxx Contributions from Vaeron & GSJ1977 Most MCM menu issues are a result of SKSE not working correctly for one reason or another. No MCM options means SKSE isn't working correctly. At any time if this guide fixed your problem you do not need to continue, however it doesn't hurt to read through the whole thing. Please make a backup of any files you delete or change throughout this process. First off, here are some tips to help you have the best Skyrim experience: 1. Use Windows 7 or Windows 8 64-bit version 2. Have 8 GB of RAM installed 3. The number of mods your computer can support is mainly dependent on two factors - #1 Your system memory or RAM - #2 Your video cards VRAM (video ram). If you don't have at least 4 GB of system memory (RAM) and 1 GB of VRAM you aren't going to be able to run very many mods (especially HD texture packs and mods). 4. If you have a choice between downloading the same mod from the Steam Workshop or Skyrim Nexus, use the Skyrim Nexus version (remove the mod from your Subscribed list in the Steam Workshop if applicable) 5. Do not install Skyrim/Steam to the Programs or Program Files folder - Doing so may cause rights/permission issues. Use the DVD version, if possible, and select a custom install path; or install Steam manually and select a custom install path and then Skyrim will install under the Steam folder. 6. Always keep your Skyrim installation and mods up-to-date! 7. Become familiar with BOSS, Wrye Bash, and TES5Edit. BOSS is great to identify potential problems and conflicts as well as sorting your load order. Wrye Bash is good for creating a Bashed Patch to combine leveled lists and other items. TES5Edit is great for making combined patches and cleaning dirty mods. 8. Read and follow all instructions when installing and upgrading mods. Pay close attention to incompatibilities, special upgrade instructions, and mod requirements! Launching Skyrim 1. Start Steam manually (if it doesn't automatically load with Windows) 2. Double-click on skse_loader.exe from your Skyrim folder or create a shortcut for it on the desktop New Save Try creating a new save game starting a new character and see if the problem still exists If you are using NMM to launch Skyrim you must click on 'Launch SKSE' instead of 'Launch Skyrim'. SKSE Installation Reinstall SKSE (even if you've already done it). The latest version can be found here: http://skse.silverlock.org/ 1. Extract the SKSE archive to a folder using WinRar or 7zip 2. Copy everything (including the Data folder) inside the SKSE installation folder 3. Paste it in your Skyrim folder (the folder that has TESV.exe in it) (typically Steam\steamapps\common\ Skyrim) 4. It will ask whether you want to merge the Data folder, click yes. If you don't see this prompt you aren't grabbing the Data folder in the SKSE installation files 5. If you did it correctly you will see a skse_loader.exe file (among others) in your Skyrim folder 6. Right-click on skse_loader.exe - 'Send to' - Desktop (create shortcut) 7. Right-click on the skse_loader shortcut on your desktop - Properties - Compatibility - Check 'Run this program as an Administrator' - OK (option may not be available on Windows XP or earlier OSes) Upgrading from an old version of SkyUI Before installing any files from SkyUI 3.1 or newer, it is recommended to make a clean save game with SkyUI deactivated. 1. Deactivate SkyUI in your load order 2. Launch Skyrim 3. Save your game and exit 4. Uninstall the old version 5. Manually remove any SkyUI files left over from old versions The 3.0 alpha packages of SkyUI contained loose script files required by mod authors to create configuration menus. You have to remove these files because they will override any newer scripts in SkyUI.bsa. 1. Locate the 'Scripts' folder in your Skyrim Data folder 2. Delete any script files (.pex) that start with SKI_ 3. Delete 'SkyUI.esp' and 'SkyUI.bsa' from the Data folder Verify that older versions of SkyUI have been completely removed. You can do that by making sure that the following files and folders do not exist (delete them if they do): Data/SkyUI.esp Data/SkyUI.bsa Data/Interface/bartermenu.swf Data/Interface/containermenu.swf Data/Interface/inventorymenu.swf Data/Interface/magicmenu.swf Data/Interface/skyui_cfg.txt Data/Interface/skyui_translate.txt Scripts/SKI_ActiveEffectsWidget.pex Scripts/SKI_ConfigBase.pex Scripts/SKI_ConfigManager.pex Scripts/SKI_Main.pex Scripts/SKI_MeterWidget.pex Scripts/SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.pex Scripts/SKI_QuestBase.pex Scripts/SKI_StatusWidget.pex Scripts/SKI_WidgetBase.pex Scripts/SKI_WidgetManager.pex and the folder Data/Interface/skyui/ 1. Deactivate all mods that use the MCM menu in your load order (game may CTD if you don't) 2. Launch Skyrim - Save the game - Quit 3. Manually uninstall all mods that use the MCM menu 4. Manually Update ALL mods that use the MCM menu from Skyrim Nexus Some mods that use the MCM menu used alpha versions of the MCM code and don't work properly with the current version of SkyUI. I think these used to use the old API: Predator Nightvision, Wet and Cold, Dual Wield Parrying, iHUD, and Shooting Stars. There may be more but I'm not sure. 1. Install SkyUI (latest version) manually from Skyrim Nexus (If you are using the Steam Workshop version, unsubscribe from it in Steam) 2. Reactivate all newly installed mods in your load order (most will still be activated) 3. Launch Skyrim by double-clicking on the skse_loader.exe shortcut on your desktop (you must do this from now on and every time you play Skyrim) and load your most recent save (make sure Steam is running first) 4. Open your inventory, then close it again 5. Make a new game save and exit to desktop 6. Launch Skyrim (using the new method in step 3) and load the save you just made 7. Hit ESC and load the save a second time 8. Save the game and play Fix Interface incompatibilities and Skyrim Cache 1. Rename your Interface folder in your Skyrim Data folder to Interface-Original 2. Double-click on the Steam tray icon to verify the integrity of Skyrim's game cache: Steam - Library - The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim - (right-click) Properties - Local files tab - Verify integrity of game cache ENB incompatibilities Delete any D3D*.dll files in your Skyrim folder, disable any ENBs Skyrim INI problems 1. Delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini and allow the game to recreate them (typically under 'Documents - My Games - Skyrim) - make backups in case deleting them doesn't help 2. Check Skyrim.ini make sure that iMinMemoryPageSize, iMaxMemoryPageSize, and iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes are not out of range or invalid Easiest thing to do would be to set them to their default values, either by deleting them or, by setting them to the values below: [Papyrus] iMinMemoryPageSize=128 iMaxMemoryPageSize=512 iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800 3. Make sure the following exists in your SkyrimPrefs.ini file: [Launcher] bEnableFileSelection=1 Graphic Card Profiles If you are running a RadeonPro or similar card and created a skyrim profile, you have to check that the skse_loader.exe is set as "launcher" and under "alias" besides tesv.exe as an additional game .exe Otherwise the game starts via skse_loader.exe (that little black window in the upper left corner) and without the original skyrim-steam-launcher, but in the end, radeonpro itself loads via the normal tesv.exe and you are not running the game with skse. One mod doesn't show MCM menu options but the others do 1. Disable the offending mod 2. Launch Skyrim - Save - Quit 3. Make sure the mod is the latest version from Skyrim Nexus 4. Re-enable the mod in your load order 5. Launch Skyrim loading your new save Troubleshooting SKSE SKSE creates log files that will update every time you launch Skyrim. You can open the following files to see if there are any error messages: Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\skse.log Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\skse_loader.log OR Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\skse_steam_loader.log New Save Try creating a new save game starting a new character and see if the problem still exists. Starting Over 1. Uninstall Skyrim 2. Delete the Skyrim folder typically under Steam\steamapps\common\ Skyrim 3. Delete your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files 4. Install Skyrim and allow Steam to patch the game 5. Run Skyrim with no mods and save your game (do not load an old save, start a new one) 6. Install SKSE as described earlier 7. Install the Unofficial Patches that apply to the mods you use: Unofficial Skyrim Patch Unofficial Dawnguard Patch Unofficial Hearthfire Patch Unofficial Dragonborn Patch 8. Make sure the following exists in your SkyrimPrefs.ini file: [Launcher] bEnableFileSelection=1 9. Install SkyUI (latest version) 10. Launch Skyrim and see if the MCM menu options show up for SkyUI 11. If so, install one mod at a time that uses the MCM menu (do not install any other mods at this time) 12. Launch Skyrim and see if the new mod shows up and has MCM menu options 13. Repeat and rinse 14. Install your other mods (no more than a few at a time) and see if any of them break SKSE or the MCM menu 15. Enjoy your game! Last Resort Some computers have difficulty opening and utilizing BSA resources (very rare). You can manually unpack the BSA archive and copy the files to your Skyrim Data folder. 1. Download the latest version of FOMM or another BSA extraction tool 2. Extract the SkyUI.bsa file to a folder 3. Copy the files and folders to your Skyrim Data folder 4. From now on you must manually delete these files if a new version of SkyUI appears and repeat steps 2-3 5. Keep the extracted BSA files in a folder so that you know what files to delete when a new version is released When all else fails Your Operating System could be in poor health Your computer hardware could have problems and only manifest themselves when stressed with games such as Skyrim Have a computer guru walk through this guide to double-check that you aren't doing something wrong Ask for help in the SkyUI comments section or forum

Edited by CrushBoss, 12 February 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Mardoxx

Mardoxx

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
Knobbyboy88, The only mod that (partially) doesn't work with SkyUI is QD Inventory.
What you're describing is an issue with a mod that will have some missing data on an item. Disable your mods one by one (or binary search or w/e) until you find which mod is causing issue, then tell the author.

CrushBoss, wow, thanks :) I'll copy that to a google docs doc if you don't mind http://goo.gl/4iv6j I've copied some of my other canned responses to it too, edit it if you want.

Edited by Mardoxx, 12 February 2013 - 01:17 AM.

CrushBoss

CrushBoss

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 717 posts
@ Mardoxx - Please do! I'm all about sharing information. Feel free to add it to your site, readme, etc. or edit it if you wish. Thank you to you and the SkyUI team for an awesome mod!

Knobbyboy88

Knobbyboy88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I tried turning mods off, and that, paradoxically, only seemed to make things worse. It wouldn't let me load my old saves at all or even start a new game. Whatever option I chose, the game would simply go to the loading screen for a couple of seconds before hitting a CTD.

Even more strangely, steam isn't letting me run Skyrim without SKSE any more. It claims that there is another instance of the game already running.

Soooo... Yea, I've decided to say "f*** it" and just go ahead and uninstall the whole kit and caboodle. I'm reinstalling now. I'll let you know if I run into the same problems.

Edited by Knobbyboy88, 12 February 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Mardoxx

Mardoxx

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
Have you tried turning it off and on again? (no, really) No idea what causes it, but some times my PC has processes that just will not end. If this happens with tesv.exe, you can only have one instance of the game running, so when you try to launch the game it will just quit. Crashing on loading screen usually means you've disabled an esm that another mod requires, without also disabling that mod (or mods)

Edited by Mardoxx, 12 February 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Knobbyboy88

Knobbyboy88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Kind of late now. :P

After the reinstall finishes, I'm going to start reintroducing my old mods one at a time. I'll let you know which one seems to be causing the problem.

Edited by Knobbyboy88, 12 February 2013 - 01:38 AM.

DaemonLupus

DaemonLupus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Read the first 25 pages so if this has already come up, sorry.

Started using this mod a few days ago, worked great, cleared my mod list and got rid of all the errors I had (confliction at suchandsuch.pex) and reloaded the ones that had no conflictions. But now I can't switch over to sell/put anything using the alt key or the back button on my controler. Do i need to have SkyUI in a certain place in my load order?

No problems other than that, and endorsed.

millymouse

millymouse

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@Mardoxx I've reinstalled SKSE numerous times, SkyUI 3.1 just doesn't seem to want to work for me.

larrywappel

larrywappel

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
@ Authors....I know you planned on crafting menu and favorites in the future.. I have a feature request, or let me know if this is already in the works.

In crafting menu I would LOVE to see how many of the item I currently have.
If im making leather, or leather strips I have to exit and go back to inventory to check my current supply.
It's really irritating and i'm crossing my fingers for this feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.093 seconds