SkyUI

• Please log in to reply
13887 replies to this topic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
@Kratos45

I'm aware of the topic search function in the forum, the two mods are simply incompatible.

mzn528

mzn528

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
How do you disable this mod or uninstall it? I couldn't update this and now I can't view my inventory? Thank you!

xanirus

xanirus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
Ugh, trying to launch skse_loader.exe, and all I get is:

Launching C:SteamSteamAppscommonskyrimTESV.exe failed (740).

I have all the other .dll files in there. /Steam/Steamapps/common/skyrim

This happens, with, or without SkyUi installed. Skyrim version is 1.3. SKSE is 1.4.1. Am I missing something?

Edited by xanirus, 19 December 2011 - 05:22 AM.

jpchipps

jpchipps

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I use the Better Xbox360 Controller (http://www.skyrimnex...file.php?id=246) mod. It's absolutely essential to the game for me because of the added hotkeys.

However, if I use SkyUI, when I'm in my inventory and I hit the top-shoulder buttons on the controller - Skyrim crashes. This only happens with the Better Xbox360 mod.

Any idea why? Any way to fix that problem?

Edited by jpchipps, 19 December 2011 - 05:29 AM.

Kratos45

Kratos45

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

@Kratos45

I'm aware of the topic search function in the forum, the two mods are simply incompatible.

No they are not, like I said before watch the video. Do the following : Install the Fhaarkas Font mod and SkyUI then setup your fontconfig.txt like below :

fontlib "Interface\fonts_console.swf"
fontlib "Interface\fonts_en.swf"
fontlib "Interface\fonts_fh.swf"
map "$ListFont" = "LazurskiS" Normal
map "$ConsoleFont" = "Arial" Normal
map "$StartMenuFont" = "LazurskiS" Normal
map "$DialogueFont" = "LazurskiS" Normal
map "$EverywhereFont" = "LazurskiS" Normal
map "$EverywhereBoldFont" = "LazurskiS" Normal
map "$EverywhereMediumFont" = "LazurskiS" Normal
map "$DragonFont" = "Dragon_script" Normal
map "$SkyrimBooks" = "Kells" Normal
map "$HandwrittenFont" = "AquilineTwo" Normal
map "$HandwrittenBold" = "AquilineTwo" Normal
map "$FalmerFont" = "Falmer" Normal
map "$DwemerFont" = "Dwemer" Normal
map "$DaedricFont" = "Daedric" Normal
map "$MageScriptFont" = "Mage Script" Normal
map "$SkyrimSymbolsFont" = "SkyrimSymbols" Normal
map "$SkyrimBooks_UnreadableFont" = "SkyrimBooks_Unreadable" Normal
validNameChars "`1234567890-=~!@#$%^&*():_+QWERTYUIOP[]ASDFGHJKL;'ZXCVBNM,./qwertyuiop{}\\asdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm<>?|¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«®¯°²³´¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÄÀÁÂÃÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþ ÿ"

It should work fine, here is proof : http://i.imgur.com/vUSVW.png

Edited by Kratos45, 19 December 2011 - 06:14 AM.

Blaizer

Blaizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Posted this yesterday, but it's already 25 pages back. Not sure if any authors noticed it.

Firstly, great mod. I've endorsed. There are just a bunch of little issues that popped up for me. People have probably mentioned most of these... but here's a nice list.

1. When you search for something by clicking the box with the mouse, mouse hover on items doesn't work until you click off the search box. (this might be a feature? I don't know... It annoys me).

2. Like the vanilla inventory, this one opens up the same category you had open last time when you open it again. What it doesn't do is keep you scrolled the same like the vanilla inventory did. This would be particularly appreciated for people like me who lug around a huge list of potions. (It also doesn't keep the thing you had typed into the search box... but I'm not sure if this will be appreciated or not). Also the default category when first opening Skyrim should be All like vanilla, and not Favourites.

3. Usually (but not always) when you recharge a weapon with a soul gem you have to hover off and back on to it to be able to press T on it again. Actually... what I have always wanted is if the recharging menu stayed open when you pick a soul gem to recharge with so that you don't have to keep pressing T.

4. When you eat an ingredient and discover a new effect, the effect will still show up as unknown until you hover off and back on it.

5. If you right click a poison (and regardless of what you select (no, yes, or OK if no weapon) mouse hover doesn't work until you right click again.

6. Right click doesn't work on the categories or on the search box. It works everywhere else in the inventory, so for consistency you may as well allow it to do the same thing as left click here.

7. It took me a while to figure out that the spacebar works as the hotkey to start typing in the search box. Maybe you should put this in the description or add it to the UI? Also, you can't type 'J' into the search box without it taking you to your journal.

8. After reading a book from the inventory and closing it, mouse hover doesn't work until you click with the same button you used to open the book.

9. Clicking under the grabby part of the scrollbar scrolls much slower than it should. It should scroll more like the distance a browser does when you do this. Also, Page Up and Page Down work as expected, but you could also implement Home and End to scroll to the top and bottom of the list.

10. The green arrow that indicates the sorting occasionally appears to the left of 'NAME' (where it would be at default) when you open the inventory. I'm not sure what it's sorting by when this happens, and I have no clue why it happens either... it just seems to do it at random.

Well... that's all I have from just using it casually (not looking for bugs) for a couple days. I think it would be a really good idea to polish the inventory before working on more and more new menus. I don't expect that you can fix all of this, because some of these problems probably existed with the vanilla inventory.

Anyways... Really appreciate all of the good work... Keep it up :-).

Edited by Blaizer, 19 December 2011 - 06:26 AM.

xanirus

xanirus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
(Sigh) Apparently I have to run under admin....

Kratos45

Kratos45

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted this yesterday, but it's already 25 pages back. Not sure if any authors noticed it.

Firstly, great mod. I've endorsed. There are just a bunch of little issues that popped up for me. People have probably mentioned most of these... but here's a nice list.

1. When you search for something by clicking the box with the mouse, mouse hover on items doesn't work until you click off the search box. (this might be a feature? I don't know... It annoys me).

Bethseda uses a text input flag which when set on disables all hotkeys/mouse actions until typing is complete. If you notice any menu in game that allows you to rename an item(enchanting menu) the same situation will occur. So when you click inside the search box, this flag gets set on disabling game input until you click out or press enter. Sure we can look into improving upon this but that would involve a lot more code and time.

2. Like the vanilla inventory, this one opens up the same category you had open last time when you open it again. What it doesn't do is keep you scrolled the same like the vanilla inventory did. This would be particularly appreciated for people like me who lug around a huge list of potions. (It also doesn't keep the thing you had typed into the search box... but I'm not sure if this will be appreciated or not). Also the default category when first opening Skyrim should be All like vanilla, and not Favourites.

This should be fixed by next patch. Defaulting category to ALL makes sense=) and should be able to make this change for next patch.

3. Usually (but not always) when you recharge a weapon with a soul gem you have to hover off and back on to it to be able to press T on it again. Actually... what I have always wanted is if the recharging menu stayed open when you pick a soul gem to recharge with so that you don't have to keep pressing T.

This has already been fixed and will be included in next patch.

4. When you eat an ingredient and discover a new effect, the effect will still show up as unknown until you hover off and back on it.

This bug is the same as #3 and has been fixed.

5. If you right click a poison (and regardless of what you select (no, yes, or OK if no weapon) mouse hover doesn't work until you right click again.

I'll look into this.

6. Right click doesn't work on the categories or on the search box. It works everywhere else in the inventory, so for consistency you may as well allow it to do the same thing as left click here.

Will discuss with team but sounds good=).

7. Space works to works as the hotkey to start typing in the search box. Took me a while to figure out. Maybe you should put this in the description or add it to the UI? Also, you can't type 'J' into the search box without it taking you to your journal.

You can type 'J' in search box, try again because like I said in #1 all hotkeys get disabled unless you clicked out of the box without knowing.

8. After reading a book from the inventory and closing it, mouse hover doesn't work until you click with the same button you used to open the book.

This bug is present in vanilla. I've looked into it and discovered half the code is done internally which means we will need SKSE help on this one.

9. Clicking under the grabby part of the scrollbar scrolls much slower than it should. It should scroll more like the distance a browser does when you do this. Also, Page Up and Page Down work as expected, but you could also implement Home and End to scroll to the top and bottom of the list.

The next patch will include scrollbar parameters which will allow you to adjust speed etc. The HOME/END sound great so I'll be sure to add that.

10. The green arrow that indicates the sorting occasionally appears to the left of 'NAME' (where it would be at default) when you open the inventory. I'm not sure what it's sorting by when this happens, and I have no clue why it happens either... it just seems to do it at random.

This is a simple fix and should be in next patch.

Edited by Kratos45, 19 December 2011 - 06:37 AM.

Ocolith

Ocolith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
This may be a small nitpick compared to the amount of work your putting into the menus working properly, but I really think the "Cletic" icons should be more simple, stylized, and consistent. As of now, the favorites Icon looks like it fits, where as all the other icons seem "too" high detail and are a very stark contrast to the look of the menus. If you could make the icons more similar to the "Favorites" menu icon, perhaps make each icon a celtic knot, it would make this UI perfect aesthetically.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
@Kratos45

Thank you, reading through the pasted fontconfig.txt you made me realize what the actual problem was. Long story short I did what you suggested with a clean Fhaarkas download, and now it works fine.

Already endorsed, and can't wait to see this excellent work of yours implemented everywhere ingame! :)

Thank you again!

Page loaded in: 0.974 seconds