Nexus Mod Manager : Plugins don't work

coldplay_ftw

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS - EVERYONE WHOSE DATA FILES ARE STILL GREYED OUT:

There are 2 SkyrimPrefs.ini on your computer, one where it was installed and one under Documents->My Games->Skyrim

In the My Games version, do NOT just tack on bEnableFileSelection=1 to the bottom, as the video says. Make sure to scroll up and put it under [Launcher].

ET VOILA~ Data files is no longer greyed out. :3

Took me so f***ing long to notice that tiny error, but no one mentioned that. [Launcher] is on the bottom of the first ini, but around the middle in the other.

I narrowly dodged a 'me too, waaah' post, so here's hoping that I don't run into the crashing that some of you have mentioned... :$

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem sort-of similar to this.

I use a mod called SkyUI, which requires the SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) in order to work correctly.

I was accustomed to starting Skyrim (and heck Oblivion for that matter) from the Mod Manager -- and it will still start that way, BUT -- it won't use the SKSE for some reason, which in turn makes some mods load wrong, including the SkyUI.

I have tried to add the SKSE with the NMM, but there's no way to select it or add it to the plugins or anything. What have I goofed up?

Thanks!

I have a problem sort-of similar to this.

I use a mod called SkyUI, which requires the SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) in order to work correctly.

I was accustomed to starting Skyrim (and heck Oblivion for that matter) from the Mod Manager -- and it will still start that way, BUT -- it won't use the SKSE for some reason, which in turn makes some mods load wrong, including the SkyUI.

I have tried to add the SKSE with the NMM, but there's no way to select it or add it to the plugins or anything. What have I goofed up?

Thanks!

You can't install SKSE with NMM, you HAVE to install it manually.

1) Download the correct version of SKSE for your copy of Skyrim to your desktop (If you are up to date then use the one listed on the SKSE Homepage ).

2) Right click the file skse_1_05_09.7z and select the option 7-zip then extract to "skse_1_05_09"

2) double the folder just created

4) select all of the files that start with "skse_" AND the directory "Data"

5) Press Ctrl+C to copy the files

6) Browse to your skyrim directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\

7) You should be able to see a file called TESV.exe (If your system hides extensions it will just show as TESV - the size should be about 17,232KB)

8 ) Right click in this directory and select Paste (Select Yes when prompted to merge directories)

Dont forget you have to run "skse_loader.exe" rather than the normal option.

Here is a link to my mods troubleshooting blog. This, as well as many other issues are covered there.

http://s1.zetaboards...?x=0#post631601

Currently still under construction - any suggestions will be appreciated. As the site is only open by invitation, please make your suggestions by PM (Private Message) at the Nexus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...