Help! Skyrim Mods Not Working.

lckillah

Hello. I am new to the forums. Anyway, I have searched high and low but to no avail. after trying to update the mods on skyrim such as fxaa injector and skyrim hd, my mods aren't working anymore. I tried to delete and re-install skyrim but it still didn't fix the problem. I also tried using the Nexus Mod Manager and doing it manually but the mod is still not working. Is there any workaround this? I checked my skyrim version, it says 1.3.7.0 I'm not sure if that helps. I really wanna solve this as playing the vanilla version is not cutting it. I'm looking forward to you guys' input.

This sounds like a possible UAC issue. Here's my general post on Windows UAC and Skyrim:

If you're on Vista/7, Steam (and therefore Skyrim) is installed in the default (C:\Program Files) location, and you're having problems with replacers or simply mods (plugins) not working at all, even though you've activated them in NMM, or mods refusing to deactivate, even though all of their files have been removed, then you most likely have a UAC problem. It is possible to turn off UAC though it's not recommended for the vast majority of Windows users. To get around UAC without turning it completely off you'll need to move Steam to a location UAC does not affect (C:\Games\ is a commonly used location). This will most likely break any 3rd party utilities such as NMM as it will leave old registry keys behind that point to the location you originally installed Skyrim in. If you come across this issue, you'll have to uninstall Skyrim, clean the old registry keys, reboot, then reinstall Skyrim. I personally recommend using Revo Uninstaller as if you uninstall Skyrim through it, it will automatically scan for and ask if you'd like to delete old registry keys. If you're interested in keeping your old mods, config files, and/or saved games, tips found in Bben's Oblivion Reinstall Procedure work for Skyrim as well.

When you uninstall it will only remove vanilla game files. So whatever mods were placed in your skyrim folder are still there. If you dont manually clear out the folder of your mods after the uninstall, when you re-install, it will place your vanilla game right back there next to the mod files. Clear out that folder after the uninstall.

When you uninstall, clear out your skyrim folder so that it is empty. Then go to your saves games folder and remove the ini files within. Uninstalling does not remove those either. With that done, when you re-install and start a new game, it will generate vanilla ini files. Then the game will work like new again.

When you uninstall it will only remove vanilla game files. So whatever mods were placed in your skyrim folder are still there. If you dont manually clear out the folder of your mods after the uninstall, when you re-install, it will place your vanilla game right back there next to the mod files. Clear out that folder after the uninstall.

When you uninstall, clear out your skyrim folder so that it is empty. Then go to your saves games folder and remove the ini files within. Uninstalling does not remove those either. With that done, when you re-install and start a new game, it will generate vanilla ini files. Then the game will work like new again.

I actually did delete the whole folder from the steam directory as well. i went to e:program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common and i deleted the entire skyrim folder and re-installed it.

This sounds like a possible UAC issue. Here's my general post on Windows UAC and Skyrim:

If you're on Vista/7, Steam (and therefore Skyrim) is installed in the default (C:\Program Files) location, and you're having problems with replacers or simply mods (plugins) not working at all, even though you've activated them in NMM, or mods refusing to deactivate, even though all of their files have been removed, then you most likely have a UAC problem. It is possible to turn off UAC though it's not recommended for the vast majority of Windows users. To get around UAC without turning it completely off you'll need to move Steam to a location UAC does not affect (C:\Games\ is a commonly used location). This will most likely break any 3rd party utilities such as NMM as it will leave old registry keys behind that point to the location you originally installed Skyrim in. If you come across this issue, you'll have to uninstall Skyrim, clean the old registry keys, reboot, then reinstall Skyrim. I personally recommend using Revo Uninstaller as if you uninstall Skyrim through it, it will automatically scan for and ask if you'd like to delete old registry keys. If you're interested in keeping your old mods, config files, and/or saved games, tips found in Bben's Oblivion Reinstall Procedure work for Skyrim as well.

I tried this method, but still no luck. i deleted skyrim, then used revo uninstaller to delete registry keys and i moved my steam folder to a different location which is e:games/steam and the mods still do not work. sigh. anybody else has any input?

When you say - the mods dont work. What do you mean?

Are you using a texture replacer that is not showing up, an esp, or something else. Does it ctd?

Are you applying archive invalidation with the NMM or load loose files on the steam tied launcher?

When you say - the mods dont work. What do you mean?

Are you using a texture replacer that is not showing up, an esp, or something else. Does it ctd?

Are you applying archive invalidation with the NMM or load loose files on the steam tied launcher?

Mostly graphics mod like fxaa injector, texture mods, flora overhaul etc.