Skyrim Loading Screen Problem

EffeCtivExD

I have the infinite loading screen bug that happens all the time. I found a sorta fix for this.

When the loading screen gets stuck use CTRL+ALT+Delete to go in the secure desktop menu thing, whatever that is, then just hit ESC.

It should make your game load up.

• 2 weeks later...

i have this problem... but the ctrl alt delete doesnt work for me, skyrim just sits in the background. with a black screen, and if i look at my process section of the task manager my skyrim usually exceeds 1,000,000k and just sits there. normally if im playing and i alt tab to task manager i can see skyrim moving between 800,000 to 1,200,000k. culd this be a problem with my RAM (i have 4g of ram and i have tried the 4gb memory patch.. no good)? i only have about 57mods, is this a lot, ive read else where about ppl with over 200 mods running fine, do you need a good computer to do that, if you do can you tell me like the minimum system requirements (thinking of getting a new computer). Sorry my computer knowledge is limited so i don't know much. *sigh* hope there is a proper fix for this soon.

Edit: This only happens if i try to load a save (literally an autosave into helgen keep, got to whiterun a few times, tried multi times on several accounts, it's always the infinite loading screen), i've never actually had this with fast travel, entering building etc. only with loading my save... plz help

Edited by Guest

• 8 months later...
I've been having this problem as well. Everytime I fast travel, it's the infinite loading screen, and when I tried Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Del, it was still stuck, and I couldn't even access steam through shift-tab. The only thing that worked was restarting my computer. However, this only started happening after I installed Dawnguard. Could that be part of the problem?