um how do i install SKSE?

unkowen133

i just downloaded 1_04_03.7z and it SkyUI isn't registering it. its not coming with a readme or the skse_loader.exe or either of the .dll's.

can anyone help?

...uhm? Do you mean that you are trying to install SkyUI, but cannot figure out if you're skyrim is using SKSE?

When starting the game make sure you are starting with the skse loader and not the default skyrim launcher. I highly recommend using NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) as your life will be much easier.

i just downloaded 1_04_03.7z and it SkyUI isn't registering it. its not coming with a readme or the skse_loader.exe or either of the .dll's.

can anyone help?

...uhm? Do you mean that you are trying to install SkyUI, but cannot figure out if you're skyrim is using SKSE?

When starting the game make sure you are starting with the skse loader and not the default skyrim launcher. I highly recommend using NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) as your life will be much easier.

No not SkyUI, the actual skse im not sure if they have compacted it into one file or if it isnt dowloading right. but there isnt a an exe or dll only 1_04_03.7z. unpackable.

• 4 months later...

i just downloaded SKSE and loaded up skyrim, and it ctd, saying "failed to initialize renderer. unknown error creating the renderer."

i dont know why its doing it or what causes it...

help?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE. "

That is copied from the readme. However the Scripts folder doesnt exist. Its just Interface, Strings and Video. Should i just create it? or is it just jargin im not getting?

"2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE. "

That is copied from the readme. However the Scripts folder doesnt exist. Its just Interface, Strings and Video. Should i just create it? or is it just jargin im not getting?

The easiest way to learn everything you need to know about installing SKSE

, he explains it thoroughly.