6 replies to this topic

thagrim

thagrim

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
hi
iam a newbie to moding and stuff and i just leard how to make mods and ii went to fallout.bethsoft.com and i downloaded the geck and when i try to open my geck its say error libvorbisfile.dll is missing and when i try to reinstall it ...... the same

help

B1oodhound95

B1oodhound95

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

hi
iam a newbie to moding and stuff and i just leard how to make mods and ii went to fallout.bethsoft.com and i downloaded the geck and when i try to open my geck its say error libvorbisfile.dll is missing and when i try to reinstall it ...... the same

help

Hello, I am pretty new to it as well; but I think that you may have to manually download this file from somewhere if it is not already on your computer. A dll file which is what is missing (get ready for some information) a dynamic link library (DLL) is a collection of small programs, which can be called upon when needed by the executable program (EXE) that is running. The DLL lets the executable communicate with a specific device such as a printer or may contain source code to do particular functions.
The .exe file which is what the GECK application is needs to call upon the .dll file which is missing so I think you need to download that particular file manually.
You may very well already have the file installed and so you will need to locate it and place it in the correct place.
I really hope this helps you :)
Here is a link to a website that you can download this exact libvorbisfile.dll file from (just make sure you do a virus scan or something just to be safe):
http://www.dll-files...l?libvorbisfile

--
Ellis

BlackRampage

BlackRampage

Boethiah's Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Here is a link to a website that you can download this exact libvorbisfile.dll file from (just make sure you do a virus scan or something just to be safe):
http://www.dll-files...l?libvorbisfile

Wrong. Don't ever download .dll files from some random website! I cannot stress this enough.

There's only 1 possible reason why that error message appears: You've installed the GECK to the wrong folder.

The "libvorbisfile.dll" is located in your main Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas directory. Hence you also need to install the GECK to the main Fallout directory.

Have a look over here for more info about this: Bethsoft Tutorial GECK Setup

nisen

nisen

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Wrong. Don't ever download .dll files from some random website! I cannot stress this enough.

There's only 1 possible reason why that error message appears: You've installed the GECK to the wrong folder.

The "libvorbisfile.dll" is located in your main Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas directory. Hence you also need to install the GECK to the main Fallout directory.

thanks BlackRampage, was trying to install it from a folder on my desktop and getting that error message (FO3 GECK had an installer that asked where the game directory was so figured itd be the same)

soon as i moved the files to the fallout new vegas directory, the GECK lauched instantly

your a legend

TannerTheMan

TannerTheMan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

EVERYONE!!!! The fix for this is to take all the files that came with the download and drag them into your fallout directory! That is the fix you must run it from inside the directory!

Werne

Werne

Criminal Scum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

EVERYONE!!!! The fix for this is to take all the files that came with the download and drag them into your fallout directory! That is the fix you must run it from inside the directory!

That's the actual installation procedure, not a fix. :ermm:

Aside from that, you're reviving a nearly 7 months old thread that got solved a long time ago with the same thing you just said:

Lisnpuppy

Lisnpuppy

I'm like a Rainbow in the Dark

• Staff
  • 9,140 posts

Lets all stop posting in this necro-ed thread.  Closing as it really needs to be.~Lisnpuppy

Page loaded in: 1.053 seconds