• Other prose
    • Song Lyrics
    • Other
  3. 3. Have you ever written in Druid's Garden

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't Remember
    • Not Saying

I love to write, I need to write, I am a writer.

I have been writing for over thirty years but due to a series of reasons I have yet to be published.

I love writing fanfic in Druid's Garden and have written a great deal. Doing so has helped me to improve my writing but I am ready to move onto the next stage of my writing. I am going to simplify my writing with two new topics, one of which I have started.

I have gained some great support here in Nexus Forums but have always wished for more feedback and, I hate to admit it, a little more kudos. I figure, rightly or wrongly, that more feedback would have improved my writing and a little more kudos would have bolstered my confidence more and led to an improvement in my writing, such as simplification of plots. Yet I have to admit that making plots too complex has always been my problem and one that I may always have to deal with.

I have gained a good deal of knowledge and skills when it comes to writing. In this topic I will write down some of what I have learned. I hope others will do the same.

I will not be posting such as poetry or prose or pictures BUT PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO DO SO.

REPEAT, IF YOU WISH TO POST WRITINGS, PICTURES IN THIS TOPIC, YOU ARE WELCOME TO DO SO.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago I was given a good piece of advise on writing by a well established, successful author. Jack Dann told me that to be a good writer just 'write' and keep on 'writing'. I was slow to start doing this at first but then I got into it and my writing has been slowly but steadily improving, with some breakthroughs, ever since.

START WRITING AND KEEP ON WRITING

YOUR WRITING IS ALWAYS GOOD ENOUGH TO PUT INTO DRUID'S GARDEN.

Druid's Garden is not some kind of elitist place. Its a place for anybody and everybody to contribute.

All throughout my childhood, writing seemed a pain

Since all I wrote were papers that my teachers did ordain.

It simply appeared as work, another task done for a grade

Until two years ago when my interest was parlayed.

I made no serious effort in my school-borne reports,

Although I considered myself a novice poet of sorts.

But one day on chess.com, I received some inspiration,

That resulted in me writing with a tad of perspiration.

I decided to blend my love of chess with that of The Elder Scrolls

And the result was a story for which my interest tolls.

A chess game was played between an Orc and a Dark Elf.

The Orc took after a friend of mine, the Dunmer after myself.

Ever since I penned that work, I've been enthralled with prose

And my poetry's become more eloquent too, that I may disclose

The tales that haunt my growing mind with a more fluid motion

And I hope the Lord will keep me to upholding that noble notion.

This Druid's Garden here along with a group on my chess site

Have combined themselves so as to show me writing in a new light.

I make no claim of authorship that ranks among the elites,

But I will put my thoughts to paper, and they come in tiny fleets.

So there you all have my story in layman's terms and pace,

And I feel that, having seen so many friendly a face,

It has only begun. I certainly hope that is true.

And now until I see you again, I bid you all adieu!

I'm not really all that good (and that is entirely due to purposes of my own misdoing), but I try my best to make something. It's never easy to write though, as much as many writers would wish (me). I guess we'll have to keep looking for that Holy Grail. :biggrin: Edited by Keanumoreira

Keanumoreira, though I am a prolific writer there are many days in which I find it hard to start writing. I have to force myself and, sometimes, give up and go do something else.

My big trick with posting is that in prolific times I create enough writing to carry me over in quieter times. Just because I make posts consistently does not mean I am a consistent prolific writer. Example: one Monday to Wednesday I write five posts for a topic and post two of them. I have three in reserve. On Thursday I run out of steam and edit the three posts. But then I really run out of steam. I then post my last three posts until I 'regain steam' on Sunday. Sometimes I am more consistent than this but sometimes less so.

Writing, especially very good writing, is not always easy. Getting started on any piece of writing is often hard even for very experienced writers and in this I include people who have been published many times. You already have your Holy Grail; you need to use it.

Would you really enjoy it if it was easy? One of our most basic enjoyments is being presented with a challenge. If everything was easy, life would become boring and redundant very quickly.

Challenge isn't something I tackle very well.