You should put a "change password" link in the "User Area&

2late2die

the difficulty, I think its a measure of security, there lot of people mod community, and that community is and becoming very tech savvy, some people on the nexus are nothing short of brilliant

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Seriously? You guys hid the change password in "change email"? I haven't used nexusmods or skyrim for months because you somehow mangled the nexusmod login while leaving the login to the website alone.

Here's feedback tip request - .. are you ready? It's awesome.. intuitive, experience changing for your users. here it is:

Put a link to change your password in the USER PREFERENCES AREA!!!!!!!! Or alternately, if that is just too freaking hard, add a message in big obnoxious puke green letters at the top of that page indicating that you cleverly hid it in the "change email" section!

holy cow.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed with all previous users, your website is an excellent waste of time when one wants to change their password.

After how many years? LOL.

Congrats on not knowing enough basic programming to fix such a basic feature, and leaving the proof of such dumbassery online for so long!

Congrats! Your first post and its just to flame and troll. Please use the seven day posting and download ban to learn to be civil in the future. - micalov

• 1 month later...

Bump. This thread is still relevant in 2014. Spent 15 minutes trying to figure this out on my own.

At the very least, the site admins could stick a text notice with info on where to go to change your login password. Ctrl-F + "password" gave me no clues whatsoever.

Edited by cartoonfoxes

• 3 weeks later...

This site isn't even vulnerable to the heartbleed attack. At all:

Doesn't matter found out myself the site only supports older protocols :

Use "Test your server" here https://www.ssllabs.com/

Enter forums.nexusmods.com

http://i.imgur.com/TGkbAfc.png

Post by Dark0ne on the matter:

We only use SSL for the payment gateway for buying Premium, and even then, it's not vulnerable to the Heartbleed vulnerability.

Bumping. This is bulls***. And the only thing it does is making the site loose legitimacy. Especially now with Heartbleed and all.

See the Site Owner's response found three above yours (five above this one) to an almost identical comment (but without the obscenity).

As a Stranger here making your very first post, you might have exhibited better manners. Among other things, both "Bumping" and using language that Site Bot has to censor are violations of the Terms of Service to which you agreed when you joined. :armscrossed: