installing skse

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

pod2

pod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I downloaded the latest skse from the url, but I'm not sure how to use it with other mods thru nexus. It is in my download folder, and my computer (64 bit windows 7) does not know what to do with it, even after trying to use stuffit expander. I'm sure there is a simple way but I don't know what it is. I just want to use the skyrim ui mod (which works fine thru nexus, but that annoying popup comes up ingame telling me to use skse).

thanks

micalov

micalov

Weird mic-Al-ov

• Staff
  • 4,794 posts
Don't try to use NMM to install. Extract the contents of the SKSE archive folder to your installation folder root directory (not data), the same one that contains TESV.exe, so for example program files\steam\steamapps\commen\skyrim, or where ever your steam is installed.

pod2

pod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
ok so far so good. Now skyrim does not run skse automatically. How do I run skse so it works with the ui mod?

micalov

micalov

Weird mic-Al-ov

• Staff
  • 4,794 posts
Run via the SKSE_loader.exe in your install folder.

pod2

pod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
is this the installscript.vdf? I can't find skse_loader.exe in the skyrim install folder.

pod2

pod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
i don't think my stuffit expander is extracting the file correctly if at all.

micalov

micalov

Weird mic-Al-ov

• Staff
  • 4,794 posts
Extract the files shown in the picture from the archive to your root folder.

Attached Files

pod2

pod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
ok sorry, the skse folder is now in the skyrim install folder. but all of the skse files are in a folder within the install folder, and when I try to run a skse loader, it says it can't find the tesv file. Which files from the skse_1_04_02 do i need to move by themselves into the install folder so that it can find tesv?

Pliskin69

Pliskin69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
This vid should help m8

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,950 posts
:facepalm: When all else fails follow the directions
SKSE is not a mod and does not install like a mod - the directions are included in the downloaded zip file as the author never considered that a user wouldn't know how to open a zipped archive. This is one of the first skills you need to work with any downloaded stuff - including mods. :rolleyes:

1. Download the new version to your computer - put is somewhere you can find it - make a new folder for it on the desktop or wherever you download files to.

2. Use whatever unzipping program you have - or the one that comes with Win7 to open the zipped file. (NOT install or extract, just open) NOW, you can read the instructions - they are in the one named skse_readme.txt. Please read before continuing.

3. copy the 3 files needed the 2 dll files and the exe file to your Skyrim folder, the one that has TesV.exe in it.

4. If you had an older version, it will ask if you want to overwrite - answer YES

The installation is Done

If you have never worked with zipped files, the best program is 7-zip, absolutely FREE, and available right here on The Nexus http://tesnexus.com/...le.php?id=15579

Page loaded in: 1.005 seconds