rdr99

rdr99

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
@Jet4571...
QUOTE: @rdr99, you can use TesVsnip to remove a master from your esp. END QUOTE

Hi Jet! Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it, but will certainly avoid any multi-mastering if at all possible in the future. I tried using WryeBash for a while, which was somewhat helpful, but also somewhat complicated... at least to me.

Maybe TesVSnip will be more user friendly.

jet4571

jet4571

Who? What? Where? Nope can't do it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
multi masters are good to have if the mod will be using assets from another mod. my tutorial was mainly for mods that dont have an esm as most weapons and armor mods dont use them.

I can see allot of people getting a CTD by having multiple masters in the load order for the NPC editor and Its almost funny seeing people say the NPC editor makes 100+ MB mods and 5 posts before them you posted to only load whats needed.

hydralisk77

hydralisk77

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi forentrenty,
Thanks for making and updating this mod. I have been using it for a long time. Also endorsed and left a positive comment long time ago.

I'm guessing it was intended for creating one esp for one NPC. But I just couldn't stop and created around 24 ESPs for 24 NPCs. And 24 BSA files seemed to have created 24 duplicate hairstyles in the character creation menu for hair selection.

Was just wondering if there is a good way to merge all the ESPs created by this tool into one? When I use tesnip some of the NPC will have dark heads but otherwise perfect. If this mod could implement the "merge all changes into one esp" function it would be even greater.

I'm just happy this mod is here and appreciate the hard work you put into this. Thanks again!

Cogbone

Cogbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hey there,
I skimmed thru about 65% of these pages, and spent a couple hours in CK tutorials on MPC creation, but still missing some basic info for this mod on how i can add a new default outfit to this editor. I am using about 30 outfit mods and have the .esp's already plugged in so they appear in the item ID list. But i would like to put some of these outfits into the default list so thats what they remain wearing when i leave/reenter a cell. Just placing them into their inventory and using console commands for them to equip while having NONE as the default only causes nudes when returning to the cell. I am not using any other npc editing mod other than this one atm. The specific issue i am having is im trying to put Osara's blue maid outfits on the blue palace maids Uma & Erdi but only the black version that the generated NPC from that mod shows up in the default list because thats what the mechant NPC is wearing. I gather default outfits come directly from established NPC's. SO, is there an easier way to add a default outfit to that list or do I have to create another NPC wearing the blue version of the maids outfit for reference?
BTW the editor has been excellent for changing those two ugly women into something more mercyful (Erdi's complexion - omg poor girl..) so its just the outfit issue im having.
Thank you in advance for any instructions.

jet4571

jet4571

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
@Cogbone, Here is a tutorial I made that explains exactly how to do what you want.

http://forums.nexusm...-for-beginners/

Daenfl

Daenfl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Is there a way to change the "home" location of an NPC created with this editor? A console command of some kind?

Also, are there plans to include more locations to park the NPCs upon first creation?

Cogbone

Cogbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hey Jet4571,
Thank you for a quick answer. I've been playing around with your tutorial but have been forced to guess at some things and read between the lines some since i dont have the castle scenario. Haven't been to succesfull. I've only figured out how to change the actors default outfit to the default maid outfit ( the black set the merchant npc is wearing from that mode) using the CK just like i could with the editor. Im still stuck at getting the blue version into a default set. I guess i am to noobish with this stuff to figure it out without detailed instructions for this specific condition. Guess i need the dumbed down version lol'. oh well, im sure you have better things to do , i can setle for the black maid outfit 8). ty tho

jet4571

jet4571

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
"castle mod" was just an example.

to create a duplicate of the armor and armor addon, right click on the name of the armor and select duplicate.

once you do step 4 and have a new outfit with nothing in it, leave it open and you go back to the armor section. just drag and drop the parts you want into the outfit window to populate it.

As for the different maid outfits i dont have that mod so cant help you there, I do know there will be an armor and armor addon for each version though, you just need to find them.

FalmerBane

FalmerBane

☠ Sic Semper Tyrannis ☠

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
foretrenty, Thank you so much for this tool! I find its ease of use a breath of fresh air and would endorse it many times over if I could.

I have a request although I am not sure it is possible. Currently you have sandboxing for new NPC's at Inn's and Taverns. My question is as follows. Is there a way you could add an option for a newly created character to sandbox where ever the PC drops them off? Stay at their current location until the PC comes back to get them. This is the biggest request I get with my companion and follower mods and I would like to do this for my users without resorting to using the CK if its possible. I love the simplicity of your Editor over the CK and it is a fantastic tool please keep updating this. This tool would almost better renamed Skyrim NPC Creator now. :)

Edited by FalmerBane, 29 April 2012 - 12:10 AM.

jet4571

jet4571

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
@falmerbane, use either followers can relax mod or Extensible Follower Framework to have follower NPC's stay where you want and sandbox there. extensible includes followers can relax, horse riding followers, and up to 100 followers at once as well as many other usefull features.

I dont have the url for followers can relax but I do the other one: http://skyrim.nexusm...le.php?id=12933

If you want a spouse to move to any house including mod homes use:
http://skyrim.nexusm...le.php?id=11370

Page loaded in: 1.830 seconds