• Please log in to reply
4128 replies to this topic

Murtallica

Murtallica

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
@Hivolt Confirmed here as well, Aela is the only npc I currently have edited via the npc editor, and it causes skyrim to crash on startup. Haven't tried with the creation kit though. Not sure what the problem is, as this edit had been working well before I had installed dawnguard and updated the game. Creating the edit seems to work fine without any errors popping up, but having the esp. enabled seems to crash the game on startup. As for the hairs issue, I run in to this problem as well when having more than one hair mod set to load in the editor, I have found that deactivating the unneeded ones fix this issue, hope it helps.

Edited by Murtallica, 22 August 2012 - 09:37 PM.

DerKopfsammler

DerKopfsammler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

@Hivolt

Confirmed here as well, Aela is the only npc I currently have edited via the npc editor, and it causes skyrim to crash on startup. Haven't tried with the creation kit though. Not sure what the problem is, as this edit had been working well before I had installed dawnguard and updated the game. Creating the edit seems to work fine without any errors popping up, but having the esp. enabled seems to crash the game on startup.

As for the hairs issue, I run in to this problem as well when having more than one hair mod set to load in the editor, I have found that deactivating the unneeded ones fix this issue, hope it helps.

That happened with me as well when i was modifying her. But i got it to work somehow... The problem is that when you were altering that npc, sometimes the NPC Editor duplicates the file and it ends up have a few 10/20mb size instead on having 10/20kb like it should. So when you save it saves the duplicates as well... Dont ask me how does it do it but i know thats what happen... somehow... So when you load that corrupted file at lauch, and it starts reading its corrupted duplicates, it crashes automatically to the desktop.

So the only solution i found was repeating all over again from scratch and DONT OVERWRITE the mod you already did... So just take printscreens, or take notes, erase the mod you did previously and start from scratch.

Also dont use Dawnguard.esm as master file (and try not using Update.esm either...if it doesnt work without it, use it then) unless youre gonna use any Dawnguard items and/or npcs.

Edited by DerKopfsammler, 22 August 2012 - 10:39 PM.

Scoop11

Scoop11

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
adding my confirmation to the chatter ...

npc edited files that "bloat up" (especially over 1000k) ... cause immediate crash.

Now as to what is causing the bloating ... havent been able to tell ... ive rebuilt some from scratch and they dont bloat and then some do

tried to edit existing and resave and that hasnt fixed things

only thing i can tell is if the npc edited file you have saved gets multiple names listed in the pull down at top for it ... then I'd pretty much say that file is bloated ... and for me that happens when i try to edit back to back npc's with the editor open instead of closing it and restarting it again (even then it still seems to grab extras)

so that's all i have to add ... hope it helps someone troubleshooting and hopefully the editor gets a DG update soon. :)

WhiplashCCC

WhiplashCCC

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have the same issue, haven't found a work around for it as of yet. I thought originally might just be Aela, but tried Lydia and few other random ones and it seems to happen to me on every one instead of just select few. I downloaded someone elses version that they said they used NPC editor on and had no problem loading it in. I'll post back if I find a fix
Cheers

Whip

Drazhar753

Drazhar753

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Hi guys, I've been getting the crashes on startup too when implementing a new npc but have indeed found a way that works, at least for npcs that don't have anything from any mod or dawnguard. From what I've been able to manage anyway, as long as I implement the npc as a 'new' npc, and also disable ALL my mods, including dawnguard, it works. Once you can get into your game and you can either spawn, or find your npc. You can then enable all your mods/dawnguard again and it works fine.

Now I'm just trying to figure out why my npc attacks everyone in rorikstead, as I set that as her spawn point, and also added her to the rorikstead factions. Still attacks them though : /

Drazhar753

Drazhar753

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Ok so my follower, I made from Hroki, but for some reason she attacks all other npcs now. I didn't change much in terms of factions, just added her to the rorikstead faction because that's the spawn point I gave her, and also the whiterun crime faction which I thought would've fixed it because looking at other npcs, they all have 'town they're from - crimefaction'. Only time she doesn't attack others is when she's following me.

DerKopfsammler

DerKopfsammler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Ok so my follower, I made from Hroki, but for some reason she attacks all other npcs now. I didn't change much in terms of factions, just added her to the rorikstead faction because that's the spawn point I gave her, and also the whiterun crime faction which I thought would've fixed it because looking at other npcs, they all have 'town they're from - crimefaction'. Only time she doesn't attack others is when she's following me.

You tried checking if her AI isnt set to "Very Agressive" or "Frenzied"?

http://www.creationkit.com/AI_Window

Hellscreamy

Hellscreamy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
I am starting to wonder if this program even works with custom races, I only have crashes when I create a character using a race that's not in the original game. Short explanation of what I am doing: I started up the CK and duplicated a npc, I then give this npc another ID and name, I don't change anything else. I save everything and close the CK. I open the NPC Editor, load the correct plugins and then load the plugin I want to use the npc's off. I change the race, facegen and then save the esp. I have tried the following with these results: Save as new NPC + BSA - crash at main menu BSA only - crash at main menu Save as new NPC only - crash after player.placeatme <NPC ID> This only happens with custom races, nothing is wrong with the standard races. When the NPC Editor creates a new esp (I tried both with bsa and without) it also creates a lot of empty files in the actor tab of that esp. This doesn't happen when I use a original race, but with that mod I do get a lot of errors when I try to view the actor. Furthermore, in the custom-race npc mod I can see that the character face morphs are being transferred properly to the esp, but hair, skin color and make-up disappear when previewed. I don't have Extended Slider colors, not in the load order of the game or editor. I only load the files I really need (race mod and hair mod), skyrim.esm and update.esm. I have one last thing to try, that is to create a character using NPC Editor. I make a new mod in the CK, create a character with correct race/hair/color and export facegen with Ctrl+F4, then copy and replace these files with the meshes/textures with the files from NPC editor (by changing the file/folder-names). I post again whether this worked. EDIT: Too bad, didn't work either. I am out of solutions.

Edited by Hellscreamy, 24 August 2012 - 09:07 PM.

ub097

ub097

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have an mod installed of craftable Triss armor i cannot find it when try to search it for default outfit
any idea how can i find it ?

zancoo

zancoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
How do i creat my own outfit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.286 seconds