Disable blood splatter on screen effect

onson

I tried this ---->

[screenSplatter]

bBloodSplatterEnabled=0

The variable and section above must both be added to the bottom of the Skyrim.ini file and set to 0 if you wish to disable blood splatters appearing on the screen. This does not disable blood spurts which occur when you hit an enemy or are hit; it only disables the red splatter effect which is superimposed on the screen to simulate blood getting in your eyes.

as per Nvidia tweak guide, however when I select the map during gameplay, it crashes to desktop. Removing the added ini content will allow the map to be accessed again. Any ideas? Blood splatter is ruining some screenshots!

• 1 month later...
I just went through the same thing. I followed the NVIDIA guide, turned the screen blood splatter off (it really doesn't look good with 3D Vision), and then found that my map would no longer work. I made a LOT of settings changes, too, so it took a pretty long time to find the problem setting. Blood splatter isn't exactly the first thing you think of when it comes to map view issues.

yeah hopefully somebody will read this thread, when they search for that issue and save themselves some trouble. I've had things like that happen where you change a setting, dont play for a day or two then find out somethings broken and have know idea what you did lol