onson

onson

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 231 posts
I tried this ---->
[ScreenSplatter]
bBloodSplatterEnabled=0

The variable and section above must both be added to the bottom of the Skyrim.ini file and set to 0 if you wish to disable blood splatters appearing on the screen. This does not disable blood spurts which occur when you hit an enemy or are hit; it only disables the red splatter effect which is superimposed on the screen to simulate blood getting in your eyes.

as per Nvidia tweak guide, however when I select the map during gameplay, it crashes to desktop. Removing the added ini content will allow the map to be accessed again. Any ideas? Blood splatter is ruining some screenshots!

onson

onson

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 231 posts
Does anyone else have this effect disabled?

onson

onson

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 231 posts
Can someone try disabling this effect on their system so I will at least know whether its me or the information is correct on how to disable?

mrfloogy

mrfloogy

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The Enhanced Blood mod I got from nexus has an option for the mod without on screen splatter. Plus the blood no longer looks like grape jelly.

onson

onson

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 231 posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll try that seeing how I'm getting nowhere trying to do it myself:(

ark778

ark778

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
this mod does it without changing anything else.

http://www.skyrimnex.../file.php?id=36

Edited by ark778, 07 January 2012 - 08:40 AM.

onson

onson

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 231 posts
ahhhhhh thank you! Gonna give this one a try soon as I get home. I dont mind blood its just the screen splatter annoys me!

ZlothZloth

ZlothZloth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I just went through the same thing. I followed the NVIDIA guide, turned the screen blood splatter off (it really doesn't look good with 3D Vision), and then found that my map would no longer work. I made a LOT of settings changes, too, so it took a pretty long time to find the problem setting. Blood splatter isn't exactly the first thing you think of when it comes to map view issues.

onson

onson

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 231 posts
yeah hopefully somebody will read this thread, when they search for that issue and save themselves some trouble. I've had things like that happen where you change a setting, dont play for a day or two then find out somethings broken and have know idea what you did lol

Korodic

Korodic

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,639 posts

The Enhanced Blood mod I got from nexus has an option for the mod without on screen splatter. Plus the blood no longer looks like grape jelly.

but I like grape jelly... :down:

Page loaded in: 0.957 seconds