I always wanted to play Skyrim in 1st person, but the fact that there's no visible body ruins the immersion and floating arms are a huge atmosphere-killer for me.
So I wanted to find a way to make the charakters body visible. In vanilla Skyrim there are only the arms of the charecter or the current equipment shown.
As it was in Oblivion the complete first person animations are like a floating body (or arms) in diving position without movement and animations (Only the hands are animated in these files)
Using the 1st person animations isn't possible without modifying every single animation. So I simply replace the animation used for 1st person with 3rd person animations.
The camera is attached on the eye bone of the character. Everytime the charecters head moves the camera moves too.
Alpha 03b is here, but keep in mind it's WIP! Backup your files before the installation, don't activate to "make progress" in the game. It can cause bugs baked into your savegame. You've been warned:
Already done: (updated)
- find a way to make the body visible in 1st person view - DONE
- attach the camera to the skeleton (Eye Bone) - DONE
- adjust the camera to it's right position - DONE
- adjust the skeletons position in the .nif file - DONE
- replacing the FPView animations with 3rd person ones - DONE
- get rid of the glitches with the "running with magic" animations - DONE
- solve problems with spell casting animations - DONE
- get rid of the problem with some finishing moves - DONE
- solve the "camera rotation" problem - DONE
- edit the "mt_idle" animation for a better head position - DONE
- get rid of the glitches with the "running with weapon" animations - DONE
- finding and replacing some 1st person animations with 3rd person anims manually - DONE
- some meshes look strange in first person (maybe missing bones in the 1st person skeleton?) - DONE
- fixing the dual wielding animations - DONE
- fixing the camera in battle mode - DONE
- force the game to load the feet - DONE
To do list:
- force the game to render shadows
- horse riding is broken
- solving the problems in sneak mode
- arrow aiming is broken and needs a complete overhaul
- force the game to use 3rd person animations that don't exist in 1st person (like swimming forward)
- smooth the running animations and some others (a bit slower less dramatic head movement and it would feels like mirrors edge)
- get rid of several other bugs and glitches
Edited by 3AMt, 12 February 2012 - 10:01 PM.