Real 1st Person view (WIP)

3AMt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Update for anyone who would like to test some new features.

DOWNLOAD

warning:

SKSE required. Uninstall any previous versions. Come back and comment.

Do not use this version for normal gameplay. Testers only. Not officially supported release.

Update details:

This version should automatically patch any downloaded armor mods for use with JOP.

I am specifically looking for feedback related to armor visibility in first person mode.

Take the time to fill out a questionnaire.

Questionnaire

Race: Male

Tested Armors:

"Iron Island Cuirass" http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27301/

"Vanguard Armor" http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19733/

Notes:

x didnt happen as expected when I did y. But z seems to be working.

This mod seems to be working pretty well, the only really big issue I found so far is that the crossbows from the expansion seem to bug out when walking in first person, they seem to move back somehow

Race: Dark Elf

Tested armors:

""

Will update the list after a complete test, just wanted to let you know what I encountered so far

Does this mod use the third person animations in first person? or what does it exactly do?
Keep up the great work! Cant wait to test this out with an Oculus Rift if I get this damn skyrim to work nicely with it!

This mod seems to be working pretty well, the only really big issue I found so far is that the crossbows from the expansion seem to bug out when walking in first person, they seem to move back somehow

Tested armors:

""

Will update the list after a complete test, just wanted to let you know what I encountered so far

Does this mod use the third person animations in first person? or what does it exactly do?

Keep up the great work! Cant wait to test this out with an Oculus Rift if I get this damn skyrim to work nicely with it!

We do not currently support Crossbows due to issues editing the CB animations. Thank you for the rest of your feedback.

Tested armors:

""

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear vanilla armor is working well. I hope you can get around to testing some downloaded armor for us too. :devil:

The crossbow bug was expected because we havent done anything about it yet. The main thing Im looking for is if everyone can see the armor they are wearing.

This mod does use third person animations in first person. There was this one power attack that does a slashing spin move and the camera is hooked right on it. The view port actually spins around the room too. Kind of reminds you why turning your back with a crazy spin move in a real fight would be a stupid idea.

I have lots of free time this weekend so will give it a proper test, just have to remember in which house I left all my armors

So far I only got the chance to test one armor from Dawnguard which worked like a charm it was vampire royal armor

and the Warchief armor from immersive armors mods

so my list so far:

Tested armors:

"Vampire royal armor"
"Warchief armor"

• 5 weeks later...

Race: Breton

Tested Armors:

Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and BBP by ChronoTrigger77 "Standalone Version" Steel armor with Pauldrons

Notes:

So i first installed this Perspective-Armor By Scrivener07 and the first time it worked. I didn't had an invisible body wich i had before. But after i restarted the game it didn't worked. I had an invisible body again. The only way to fix this is to uninstall the Perspective-Armor mod again and go back in game save and exit and then reinstall Perspective mod to get it back to working again.

Hope this info is of any use. I really enjoy the Joy of Perspective mod. But it being incompatible with standalone armor mods is making it hard to use with an invisible body =3

P.S. English isn't my native language.

Edited by zcorpion

• 1 month later...

Hi, yesterday i tried JoP in a fresh install, for a few hours.

I think that one of the things that you should keep from the vanilla 1st person is the arms rotation with the camera.

Actually, with JoP if you look down the ground, your arms with weapon are not lowered but if you attack, the attack "damage" is done to the cursor position. This is very strange and annoying, for my personal taste.

Maybe it should be good to rotate the arms.

What do you think?

Great job, anyway.

• 1 month later...

I'd be happy to alpha-test this <eventually>.. but one question - do you have any plans to attempt to implement native support for the oculus rift? :woot: Or at least get the head-tracking part.. If you do, then this would be, imo.. one of the highest ranking mods ever.

I know, there's several utilities that can be used in conjunction to get the HMD to work, but it would be nice to have a "1 mod solution" to the problem rather than getting 50 different mods and then doing wonder-script magic user-side. :wallbash:

Perhaps with any luck, when the device is released, there will be an official patch for it.

= http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/09/cliff-bleszinski-interview/

Skyrim in VR

In an interview with Engadget’s Billy Steele, Cliff Bleszinski (aka Cliffy B) seems to confirm that Bethesda’s hugely successful RPG ‘The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ is indeed receiving official Oculus Rift support.

The fact of the matter is they’re porting Team Fortress, they’re porting Skyrim and they’re finding it kind of works.

We don’t yet know if Bethesda themselves are carrying out the VR retrofitting or indeed how long it might take to surface, but it’s heartening to know it is at least on its way. This does also seem to tie in with leaked images from a ‘closed door’ presentation exposed in a PC Per article in April, containing a slide with, amongst others, the Skyrim logo.

Edited by saviornt