CTD when casting bound sword

afx777

Hi

I'm crashing to desktop when I cast bound sword only in my right hand, anyone have this issue before? I've tried disabling all my mod .esp files in the start up but it still happens. I will continue to troubleshoot unless someone can save me time and tell me the problem, thanks!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, thought it was just me! Thanks, at least I know now not to bother doing a fresh install.

What are your system specs out of interest? I'm on a core duo amd 7850 o/c @ 3.2, 4gig ram, radeon 5770 single gpu o/c using ATI Radeon 12.1 preview drivers.

Happening to me too. Just started today. Seems to be all one handed bound weapons. It happens with the bound sword and 2 bound dagger mods that are available. Installing or uninstalling all related mods seems to make no difference.

just tested a few things. somehow our 'saves' seem to be corrupted. started a new game, got the spell, everything worked fine... :-(

I had a bit more of a go and found that my saves before yesterday are ok.

Still don't know what it is all about as I can run the bound dagger and improved mystic mods and everything else just fine now I reverted to those saves.

If I had to guess I might say it is something to do with the shadow warrior perk.

• 2 months later...
I know this thread is sort of old but I am having the same problem. And I have found that the reason this happens is because the updates to skyrim have left behind 3 ID's for bound sword. So theoretically if a mod was made that specifies only one ID to use for the spell it would work again.. Really sucks though...

I know this thread is sort of old but I am having the same problem. And I have found that the reason this happens is because the updates to skyrim have left behind 3 ID's for bound sword. So theoretically if a mod was made that specifies only one ID to use for the spell it would work again.. Really sucks though...

Same problem here and I thought I was losing my mind!! I reinstalled TWICE before I read this thread. The whole game to me is very disappointing. It had a good start to it but it's gone downhill imho. I am honestly thinking of starting the whole game OVER.

• 3 weeks later...