Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:16 PM
Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:41 PM
Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:42 PM
Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:26 AM
the video says not to! also i tried putting the loader in the data folder and it did the same thing...?
Did you put skse_loader.exe in the same folder as TESV.exe? Dont put it in ..\skyrim\Data\
Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:42 PM
Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:14 PM
Your really not giving anyone any information we need to help you troubleshoot. What is this video that told you NOT to put skse_loader.exe in your main Skyrim folder because that is exactly what you need to do. Where are your SKSE files right now? How are you trying to start your game after you installed SKSE? Did you even try doing what I said? Did you READ THE "SKSE_README.TXT"?! Here Ill copy and paste the readme that was included in the SKSE download since I have nothing better to do.
[ Installation ]
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\. If you see files named TESV and SkyrimLauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.
2. Launch the game via running skse_loader.exe.
Scripts written with these new commands must be created via the editor after it is launched via skse_loader. Open a command prompt window, navigate to your Skyrim directory, and type "skse_loader -editor". Alternately you can create a shortcut to skse_loader.exe, open the properties window and add "-editor" to the Target field. The normal editor can open plugins with these extended scripts, but it cannot recompile them and will give errors if you try.
The error you are getting is because you put SKSE_Loader.exe in the wrong directory. RTFM
Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:17 PM
2. DO put the files in the same folder as the Tesv.exe file (per instructions also)
3. Launch every time from now on using the SKSE_loader.exe and NOT the skyrim launcher (also per instructions)
4. Make a shortcut of the SKSE_Loader.exe and put it on the desktop (or wherever you start the game from)
1. Not using a legal version - SKSE was designed to work with the steam version only. And NO, they are not planning on making a non steam version.
2. Not unzipping the files first
3. Not starting every time with the SKSE_Loader.exe
Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:55 AM
basically i did everything this video instructed me to
Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:33 AM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:42 PM
I had the same issue.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users