Skyrim not detecting video card!

Ausgebombt

On the Skyrim Launcher, where you can tweak the graphic settings for the game. It does not detect my GeForce GT 540M video card but rather only detects the integrated Intel Graphics card.

I have gone into the NVIDIA control panel and set the global settings to my GeForce card like many people on the internet said to do, but to no avail.

I hope you guys can help me.

On the Skyrim Launcher, where you can tweak the graphic settings for the game. It does not detect my GeForce GT 540M video card but rather only detects the integrated Intel Graphics card.

I have gone into the NVIDIA control panel and set the global settings to my GeForce card like many people on the internet said to do, but to no avail.

I hope you guys can help me.

You'll have to go into you BIOS and disable your integrated graphics, that should fix it.

Okay, so here is what I've done so far:

My video card driver is up to date and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.

That didn't work.

So I uninstalled the integrated intel card driver and it just gives me a black screen when I restarted my computer.

So I booted into safe mode, reinstalled the intel driver.

jim_uk advised me to go into the bios.

But my bios didn't have an option for changing anything video card related.

So then I went and downloaded and installed an the most recent update for my bios, hoping that would solve the issue.

Still no option for video cards...

I'm stumped, anybody else having a similar problem?

I don't know what else to do.

I did as scrivener07 suggested,

When my computer restarted it had very crappy resolution and Skyrim didn't even detect a graphics card this time.

Then I reinstalled the driver and when it finished the NVIDIA control panel said my computer wasn't connected to a NVIDIA graphics card even though when the intel one is enabled it detects it!!!!!

WTF is going on!!

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Ausgebombt

Just checking.. Did you get the latest drivers from Nvidia or did you use the outdated drivers on the cd?

Latest Nvidia drivers here

Windows 7 64-bit Driver - version 285.62

Windows 7 32-bit Driver - version 285.62

Then try going to START > RUN and type "dxdiag" without quotes. From that window you can tell if you have a 32/64bit system and if you click "Display" you will see what graphics card your system is using.

(If you dont see RUN on your start menu Right Click > Properties > Customize > and put a check mark next to "Run Command". Anyone know a faster/easier way to start the DirectX Diagnosis Tool?)

Okay you should have the latest drivers installed by now so for good measure Ill have you reset your Skyrim .ini files

Goto C:\Users\*YourUserName*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\

Delete SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini now start the SkyrimLauncher.exe and you will be generated new ones.

What happens if you do that stuff?

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking about going to GeekSquad, never used them and never thought I'd need to but this problem just makes crazy!

I wondered what happened then, could you solve your problems at all?

My skyrim doesn't dedect my AMD radeon card too and i couldn't find a solution, it makes me crazy....