Get stuck in the way of the voice quest...

abadguy

I was greeted by Master Arngeir, but no other Greybeard in the hall! After proving I am the Dragonborn by using the Unrelenting Force shout, I was taught the second word to the Unrelenting Force Shout, Ro... but then nothing happens because no other Greybeard!! (No one summon the ghost for me to hit)

I tried to find Einarth and talk to him but he simply has no response...

How could I fix it? I have killed two dragons additional dragons and now have infernal shout already... is it a problem??

I tried to go outside and wait and came back it but still useless...

I tried to load an older save game which is right after I killed the dragon in the dragon rising quest, go straight to Jarl of Whiterun and get the way of the voice quest, and go straight to 7000 steps and still the Greybeards don't gather...

HELP ~~~

• 2 weeks later...

Over in the Bethesda Softworks forum (http://forums.bethsoft.com/), it is the general consensus that this issue was introduced in the v1.3.10.0 patch and there is no way for us users to fix it short of waiting for the v1.4 patch, due out sometime this month, and hope that Bethesda addresses it then. You could use the setstage command to artificially complete that section of the quest, but for all intents and purposes, "The Way of the Voice" quest is broken from that point forward as none of the remaining events in the quest occur short of making them happen using the console. Like you, I am stuck at the same place right now (having successfully completed it with another character while using a pre-v1.3.10.0 version of Skyrim) and have decided to wait for the v1.4 patch for a fix before deciding on an alternate course of action.

I was greeted by Master Arngeir, but no other Greybeard in the hall! After proving I am the Dragonborn by using the Unrelenting Force shout, I was taught the second word to the Unrelenting Force Shout, Ro... but then nothing happens because no other Greybeard!! (No one summon the ghost for me to hit)

I tried to find Einarth and talk to him but he simply has no response...

How could I fix it? I have killed two dragons additional dragons and now have infernal shout already... is it a problem??

I tried to go outside and wait and came back it but still useless...

I tried to load an older save game which is right after I killed the dragon in the dragon rising quest, go straight to Jarl of Whiterun and get the way of the voice quest, and go straight to 7000 steps and still the Greybeards don't gather...

HELP ~~~

If memory serves me rightly i didn't get the 3rd part of unrelenting until later ....Like got 1st part at whiterun...went 7000 steps got 2nd part....BUT the thing is i didn't do Delphine {'cause i hated the Esbern glitch} so did a lot of the "courier-shout-letter from friend" quests...then decided to go Delphine & get Esbern ....and it glitched so i downloaded the BSA unpacker & unpacked the sound files ....that got Esbern to open the door & actually heard him talk {previous playthroughs i used "TCL"} .....anyways one thing led to another and i thought OK let's go and ask the Greybeards if they know where to find shouts......NOW this is while having the option to tell the greybeards about the the Blades But NOT telling them and only asking where the shouts are ....i did that until there were no more.....Then finally telling them about the Blades got to learn the 3rd part of unrelenting force.

So i don't know if that's the way it was intended OR if unpacking the sound files helped to trigger 3rd part.

Or are you supposed to get 2nd & 3rd part of shout at the same time?

This is with 1.3 patch...previous playthrough i patched from 1.2-1.3 partway through game and had to console the 3rd part of unrelenting.

?What is Skyrim "immersion" ? getting involved in the game or getting involved in workarounds & bug fixes? or OH cr4p better quicksave in case it crashes ?. tc.

you find the first word of power to Unrelenting Force at Bleak Falls Barrow ( FUS ) ; the 2nd ( RO ) in High Hrothgar in the quest " the way of the voice" and the 3rd ( DAH ) is learned after you complete the next quest " the horn of Jurgen Windcaller "

after you complete this quest Return to High Hrothgar with the Horn and present it to Arngeir, completing the task he originally gave you. Arngeir will go to the main hall, where the other Greybeards are assembled, and Wulfgar will teach you the last word to the Unrelenting Force Shout. You will then be frozen where you stand to learn the Word, and all the Greybeards will Speak to you at once in Dragon Tongue, formally recognizing you as Dragonborn. (You are not harmed by this exchange.) This completes the quest, and from now on High Hrothgar is open to you..

Edited by sergiobor

Spoiler

Once you do the first part of unrelenting force, FUS, which is triggered from killing the first dragon at the western watch tower outside of Whiterun. You will be summoned by the Greyboards, while making your way back to reporting the Dragon kill victory to Bilgruff, the Yarl of Whiterun. The Yarl will tell you to do the 7000 steps trek, to High Horthgar, Then you will learn RA, the second word to unrelenting force, and a new shout called World Wind Sprint. The Greybeards are impressed on how fast you learn a new shout, then Aegerith(the main Greybeard) will give a quest to retreive the Horn of Jugarr, Which is stolen from you by Delphine a Blade in disguse(And the Blades are suppose to protect the Dragonborn, not make in game life harder for the Dragonborn)

After you go to the ruin where the horn was suppose to be located and clear the ruin, it is when you get the note from Delphine in Riverwood that says rent an attic room. Here is where the game changes a whole direction. Although in a Dishonorless way of a sworn protector of a Dragonborn steals the Horn that you need for the Greybeards from you, After you get the horn from Delphine and return this to the Greybeards, then the Greybeards will teach you DAH. Between getting the horn that was stolen from you, a whole chain of quests unlock, through Delphine, Joining some Thallmor party with a forged invitation, to meeting up wih Bryniolf in Riften, that forces Theives Guild joining on you.

I have just downloaded the Skyrim 1.4 beta and found that I am still having the same problem with Einarth and getting stuck in the Way of the Voice quest. I'll need to continue to retire that character until the next Skyrim patch is available.

I'm thinking that it was a mistake for me to complete the civil war quest before starting to accomplish the main quest.

• 3 months later...

This is my first post here, after 2 days of reading about this bug i was able to workaround it using the console. English is not my first language, so please bare with my grammar. Also remeber to hard save before starting this process.

After you learn "Ro" from the floor and you are stuck since Einarth is not present go to the console and type:

setstage mq105 76 and press enter.

Then go out of the console you will have learned "Ro". Now go back to the console and type:

setstage mq105 80 and press enter.

Go out of the console and you should get the floating text to use the shout to hit 3 targets. go to the console and type:

setstage mq105 85 and press enter.

setstage mq105 90 and press enter.

At this point get out of the console, it should said that you have completed the objective even thought it says 0/3 hits. Arngeir will start walking to the courtyard, follow him when you get to the courtyard

you whill see the word "Wuld" (or the dragon characters) appear on the floor, get close to it and learn it as normal, now go to the console and type:

setstage mq105 115 and press enter.

Out of the console you should have learned the word "wuld", and whirlwind sprint should be usable. go again to the console and type:

setstage mq105 140 and press enter.

Now get out of the console and speak to Arngeir again. this will finish the quest but will not give you the horn of jurgen quest. go to the console and type:

setstage mq106 30 and press enter.

Close the console and you will get the Horn as an item, no go to Arngeir and speak to him (I waited for him to go into the main hall inside the building before speaking to him) he will accept the horn and will start the initiation for you to learn the finally word "Da". now open the console and type:

setstage mq105 180 and press enter.

setstage mq105 190 and press enter.

setstage mq105 200 and press enter.

setstage mq105 220 and press enter.

setstage mq105 240 and press enter.

setstage mq105 242 and press enter.

setstage mq105 245 and press enter.

setstage mq105 250 and press enter.

setstage mq105 255 and press enter.

setstage mq105 260 and press enter.

setstage mq105 265 and press enter.

setstage mq105 270 and press enter.

setstage mq105 280 and press enter.

Go out of the console and check your shouts you should have the unrelenting force shout fully learned. Now for the initiation go back to the console and type:

setstage mq105 282 and press enter. out of the console and you will see the first shout animation of the initiation. Go back to the console:

setstage mq105 284 and press enter. out of the console and you will see the second shout animation of the initiation. Go back to the console:

setstage mq105 288 and press enter. out of the console and you will see the third shout animation of the initiation. Go back to the console:

setstage mq105 290 and press enter. out of the console and you will see the fourth shout animation of the initiation. Go back to the console:

setstage mq105 300 and press enter. Close the console and speak to Arngeir, you will get the dialogue for finishing the initation seremony, this will not be refelected on the quest log, but you become frindly with High Hrothgar (you can take all items inside the keep).

Now to get on with the main quest, go into the console and type:

movetoqt mq106 press enter and get out of the console, this will teleport you to delphine. If you talk to her she will tell you that she will not talk to you there. Go back to the console and type:

setstage mq106 32 press enter, and get out of the console, speak with her and she will start the dialogue as if she was inside her secret room. Go on through the dialogue as normal, tell her you are ready to go, she will close the dialogue and say she will change, then she will go to her secret room open it, go to the chest and change. After this the quest goes back to normal.

Hope this guide can help you out, it did for my 2 characters stuck at this bug. It is posible that you can skip some of the steps listed, I am posting it the way it worked for me. Good luck.

Edited by jselles

• 3 months later...
Having issues with a Blades quest. After I defeat the dragon at Kynesgrove it wont let me complete the quest. Delphine is just stuck in Kynesgrove repeating the same line. Help me out. Hoe can I fix this?