Help with skyrim data folders

jdylan1

Ok your save games should be under documents/mygames/skyrim - and only your ini files and save games should be in there

Your entire skyrim file directory where all your skyrim data is stored is under the program files x86 filepath at - steam/steamapps/common/skyrim - check to see if this filepath exists with the "common/skyrim" instead of searching "jdylan/skyrim"

ok so i have gone to program filex86 steam steamapps but even if i search for common there is no common in the file path only jdylan1 tye only way that i can get steam steamapps common skyrim is if i just go to local disc c steam/steamapps/common/skyrim but then there is an empty skyrim folder

Go to the shortcut on your desktop that u are using to launch the game and right click to properties.

The first line you see called "target" will display the actual file path where your game information is located.

Im dying to know, as weird as this is, what its gonna display...

I would then do the same and click on properties for the shortcut you describe in the start menu.

This is really weird

It all has to eventually lead back to the actual launcher which must be in the functioning skyrim directory with all the necessary folders for it to work.

I would then do the same and click on properties for the shortcut you describe in the start menu.

This is really weird

It all has to eventually lead back to the actual launcher which must be in the functioning skyrim directory with all the necessary folders for it to work.

any ideas

Yes, you described a shortcut in the startmenu which is what the one on your desktop linked to.

Go to the shortcut in the start menu that you described and right click on its properties and view the target for it. i.e. filepath

Yes, you described a shortcut in the startmenu which is what the one on your desktop linked to.

Go to the shortcut in the start menu that you described and right click on its properties and view the target for it. i.e. filepath

ok so i clicked on properties and view target and it took me to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and the folder games was highlighted so i clicked on that and it lead me to the exact same location that we were at the games folder

Edited by jdylan1

Ok

Weird

Try doing the same thing with the steam app on your desktop

The skyrim folder must be within the functioning steam folder. Therefore if you can trace the origin of your functioning steam folder thru searching the properties of the shortcut for it on your desktop, we can then safely infer that the skyrim folder is within the general path of it.

Ok

Weird

Try doing the same thing with the steam app on your desktop

The skyrim folder must be within the functioning steam folder. Therefore if you can trace the origin of your functioning steam folder thru searching the properties of the shortcut for it on your desktop, we can then safely infer that the skyrim folder is within the general path of it.

YESSS! i found within the steam folder i found steamapps and common when i got i clicked steamapps then common a list of all my games were there INCLUDING Skyrim thank you so much even the dat folder is there thanks mate i coudn't of done it without you is there anyway i can repay you