243 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958,372 posts
tesvsnip

TESVSnip is a fork of the TESsnip utility bundled with Fallout Mod Manager for Skyrim.

perdu

perdu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
if you could add a tutorial that would be nice ^^

uglydemon

uglydemon

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
is it different from the FOMM one or is it only the same but standalone?

aerionop

aerionop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Lots of "doesn't appear to conform to the expected structure [...] saving disabled" errors which make experimenting around rather tedious, but still better than the old TESsnip.

Thanks for this.

TheFigment

TheFigment

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
@aerionop, yeah sorry about that. It is very much a work in progress. I'm not seeing a lot of the non-conforming records so I'm more interested in those and it should never prevent saving (except skyrim.esm when the filter is used). There is a lot of data that needs to be reverse engineered but yes something is better than nothing. I've used it to create custom NPCs and armors and items so with effort so it is still useful but still very dangerous.

@uglydemon, This is a updated version of the one in FOMM. I've done a number of performance improvements and reverse engineering of the skyrim files.

Edited by TheFigment, 01 January 2012 - 04:10 PM.

bootliquor

bootliquor

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
Thanks! Much less clunky than using the old.

A question about the errors and saving disabled - just to make sure I'm not doing something wrong - but right now there is no way to edit the subrecords that generate these errors? (I get them for FULL and EFIT so far, under ALCH)

I suppose the ability to copy/paste multiple subrecords at a time is a pipe dream.

Edited by bootliquor, 01 January 2012 - 04:22 PM.

TheFigment

TheFigment

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'll look into that. The problem with FULL is that it is an lstring which means it can be either a string or an string index into external string files but the code using it doesn't know which to use. I did make some changes there recently that could cause problems I will double check that.

My guess is that you get this while copying records from master to plugin before you fix convert the lstring from integer to string. This was working before latest changes so could be a regression.

There is a plugin level value which controls that and the underlying code using it does not have access to information that it needs.

Multiple subrecord actions is feasible but the record tree is too much to try and support. I'll look into it in the next build but the other error is more important to me.

Edited by TheFigment, 01 January 2012 - 05:37 PM.

TheFigment

TheFigment

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Uploaded version 1.2 which should address the failure to open the EFID node. Also through in the multiselect copy/paste for selected subrecords (only via the mini-toolbar). Other actions like edit, delete, move continue to work only the first element of the selection.

bootliquor

bootliquor

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
Great! The multiple subrecord copy/paste adds tremendous functionality- big time!
I noticed that multiple instances of the program don't share the windows clipboard, which would be a nice feature.

One problem in the new version - deleting a subrecord in any fashion crashes the program. (w7x64)
Will endorse, Thanks!

Edited by bootliquor, 01 January 2012 - 09:14 PM.

cokla

cokla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
example: group/CONT(MerchantWindhelmBlacksmithChest)
when you select cnto____hex wiev it crashes

when you sele

Page loaded in: 1.167 seconds