Steam crashes as soon as i click play skyrim

Canderis

I'm getting the same sort of problem, except Skyrim crashes on main menu before I can choose an option. I haven't played it in about a week and I uninstalled the latest mods I put in just today and it's still crashing. I tried opening it both in Steam and SKSE and it still won't work. I have a list of mods that have always worked before, even last time I played, but now it just decides to crash without reason. I would love some help with this since I would like to play this game again.

I'm getting the same sort of problem, except Skyrim crashes on main menu before I can choose an option. I haven't played it in about a week and I uninstalled the latest mods I put in just today and it's still crashing. I tried opening it both in Steam and SKSE and it still won't work. I have a list of mods that have always worked before, even last time I played, but now it just decides to crash without reason. I would love some help with this since I would like to play this game again.

There might still be some files from those mods left. I would look through the folders and make sure.

There might still be some files from those mods left. I would look through the folders and make sure.

How would I know which ones go to those though? Going through it, there are a LOT of files, and I wouldn't know how to sift through them properly. On that note I don't entirely trust 'delete everything, maybe re-install, activate mods again'.

Edited by Magnivore

I figured out this problem is much bigger than just steam. Something screwed something up on my laptop so bad it gives me various errors from 70% of the programs i try to run. usually a dll error, or in steam's case, no error at all, just closes.