Mods aren't showing on Data Files!

CalamityCookie

Hey everyone, first post here. ( Don't know if Topic should be on this thread or Tech Support sorry!)

I'm very new to Skyrim modding let alone any modding whatsoever. Anyways I've got a whole lot of mods in my Data folder ( As most mod pages say to just drop the Data folder in the Skyrim Data folder). But when I look at the Data Files it only shows 6 mods. Do I have to open the .esp files? If so I'm confused because the 6 mods which are shown on my Data files ( Weapons of 3E, More Craftables, Tytanus, and JSwords to name a few). I didn't have to do anything other than drag and drop.

Any kind of help would be most welcome! Thanks!

Yes texture mods will not show in there and either will script mods

If you are seeing some of them in the data files then the others should also be there.

If you are not seeing them then open skyrimprefs.ini in my documents>my games>skyrim

add this line

bEnableFileSelection=1

this line goes under the [Launcher] section of the ini

After that click all your mods and choose load loose files.

Nexus mod manager as well as wyre bash are very helpful programs to add into the mix to track mods so you know what has been installed and can troubleshoot problems later on.

I had a similar problem which was solved when I noticed that for some reason when I extracted mods the .esp was getting stuck in a ghost data folder. I had to move the .esp's out of this folder and into the main skyrim data folder. I also had to copy the textures and meshes of the mods into the actual data folder. I don't know why it happened but maybe this will help you.

• 4 months later...
i have same problem.yesterday i got data files to work and i saw only 5 mods there and 1 didn't worked.i have downloaded 104 mods and they don't exist in data files.help how i get all mods to data files(most are esp esm files)

• 1 year later...

hey guys a had d same problem(a got 2 hard disk) till a removed d game n installed it again in d same disk that contains d windows n d problem was gone

a hope this help ya

Thread necromancy - this topic is a year and a half dead. :pinch:

Closed

Bben46, Moderator