Skyrim Hangs on Loading Screen when save point is outside

adwath

I had this issue with Extended Slider Colours, believe it or not. I didn't read too much of the thread, but if anyone is at a loss and is using that mod, turn it off.

Ditto on the "Extended Slider Colors" if you meant the "Extended Slider Colors" here

saving inside and reactivating it to see if that works.

One thing that I have found works is to save inside periodically. When you want to load an exterior save that doesn't seem to work, go to an earlier save for the same character that was an interior save that works, and load it. Then, without exiting the game, load the more recent exterior save. It should work. Apparently there is some initialization that occurs when loading a save game. If you have already loaded one, and are loading another from within the game for the same character, it can use the initialization that occurred while loading the first save. I'm not sure that sentence made sense, but try it. It's worked for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Is anyone still having this issue? Because i am now having this problem. I went into the skyrim.ini file to see if i had the map menu, but i don't have that map menu section. I do have the A Quality World Map mod. But it doesn't seem like that mod would cause the game not to load up right? I tried uninstalling the 2k texture mods, but its still happening :/ The only other thing i could think of is possibly the ugrids? i have it set to 7, but i have 2 other saves with over 100 hours each and i've never had this issue.

• 1 month later...

Hi..same problem here, so I did a quick test.

Note there's no [MapMenu] in my ini file.

I disabled "A Quality World Map - With Roads" mod.

Loaded interior save, then loaded outside sucessfully.

Then enabled the mod again and I couldn't load.

Result: the mod causes the problem in my case..pity

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I had the same problem, even started anew and was quite sad when encountered it on my 5 level character.

Removing [MapMenu] indeed resolved loading problem, but after some trial and error I found that "uLockedObjectMapLOD=8" line made difference.

Without it, problematic save loads properly, with - stuck on loading screen.

So if someone has the same problem, just remove only this line and post results there.

Hi..same problem here, so I did a quick test.

Note there's no [MapMenu] in my ini file.

I disabled "A Quality World Map - With Roads" mod.

Loaded interior save, then loaded outside sucessfully.

Then enabled the mod again and I couldn't load.

Result: the mod causes the problem in my case..pity

Worked for me. BTW this was a great thread. Knowledgeable people, no digressions, with a solution. How often does that happen?

• 1 month later...

I spent several hours testing and trying to figure out which god forsaken mod or mods was causing this issue and all I had to do was google "skyrim loading save hangs" and click on the FIRST result to find this thread and the answer. Which, of course, took SECONDS... not the 3 or 4 or 38470920432 hours I spent on my own.

ARGH!

The only reason I spent so much time was because when I unloaded ALL the mods, the problematic save was able to load up without any issues. When I systematically tested various mods and combos of mods, sometimes the save would load. All the damn signs pointed to a a mod issue!

SIGH...

Ah, sorry... What I meant to say, to Adwath, is THANK YOU. I was aware of map changes in the skyrim.ini causing CTDs but not this type of hang up thus I never thought to test for it.

<--- dumbass

Again, THANKS!

• 3 months later...

I would like to add a little more detail to the [mapmenu] ini tweaks causing that load problem with not loading the exterior areas. I read this thread having this problem myself.

Instead of completely deleting that section of the [mapmenu] I took a closer look at the mods I down loaded and what the mod authors had to say about ini tweaks.

I had down loaded "A Quality World Map - with roads" The author warned to not have "UnlockedTerrainLOD" tweak in the skyrim.ini file. That was fine, it wasn't there when I down loaded the mod. A short time later I down loaded "EzEs-Remove 3D Map Camera Limits". Now that mod auther recommended putting in that very same "UnlockedTerrainLOD" tweak. At that time is when I started installing these mods and I followed EzEs's ini tweaks, which put that "unlockedTerrainLOD" tweak in.

I took that one ini tweak out and the problem went away! Hopefully for good!! I hope this helps someone out there. The Devil is in the detail when it comes to modding I have been finding out.

I removed my map mod and this problem persists, often goes away if I just untick populated cities 2, I think its a bunch of dirty scripts that get jammed up in the game and only stop (sometimes) when removing the esp.

Guess someone will figure it out some day. For now I keep getting stalls on exiting into solitude from the divines building (or any other infact). It seems to be VERY prominent in solitude so I suggest testing entering and exiting buildings there allot more as allot of other places around skyrim are not heavy NPC based like that place.

Edited by Guest