• Please log in to reply
1138 replies to this topic

Confidence Man

Confidence Man

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
@thenannymoh - There is no fire mod, that's what fire looks like in ENB.

For people getting some different results I really don't know what it could be, it may just come down to differences in displays or something else. Whatever it is it's simple to adjust some settings yourself to tweak it for your display. Easier to start from here than to start with the default ENB files anyway.

For less bright days try setting the DirectLightingIntensityDay lower in enbseries.ini. For lower saturation you can increase DirectLightingDesaturationDay.

Allanx

Allanx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
@MikaelMachia Very true. It's a ton of work balancing those colors just right, especially with all the outdoor lighting variations and time-of-day effects. Actually, the effects themselves aren't even finished yet. Everybody's clamoring to get ENB before it's even done, because of the overall visual improvements it imparts, especially to indoor lighting. My machine is kind of ancient (MSI K9A Platinum Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 3.2 GHz CPU, 1x Patriot DDR2 800 2GB RAM, ATI/Diamond Radeon HD 3870 GPU), so I've had to disable SSAO completely. Really, I have no business complaining about how it looks, since I have trouble getting a stable framerate with AA and AF off at 1920x1080.

Time for an upgrade. I'm completely fed up with AMD anyway. Their drivers and OpenGL support are horrible. Half of Minecraft's optimization features don't even work at all on my card. I'm going OC'ed Core i7-2600/2x GTX 570 SLI with at least 8 to 16 GB of RAM for my next build, with an SSD boot drive to eliminate bottlenecking (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim are all VERY HDD and RAM-intensive, especially when you have a lot of loose files replacing vanilla content).

StupendousMan333

StupendousMan333

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Amazing screens. Even though I'm playing on a laptop I need to try this just because it looks so damn awesome.
A few things:
I assume this conflicts with darker nights and brighter days from PISE?
Do I need to do any vendor/device ID stuff in the ENB files?
What is the button combo to toggle enb? Shift+F12?
The d3d9.dll is way bigger than the one from the FXAA Injector. What will happen to FXAA after I overwrite? Should I just remove the FXAA stuff from /skyrim?

Edited by StupendousMan333, 03 January 2012 - 11:38 PM.

Confidence Man

Confidence Man

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
@StupendousMan333 - you can use an FXAA injector alongside this. What you do is rename the FXAA d3d9.dll to something like d3d9FXAA.dll or whatever, then in the enbseries.ini at the very top set EnableProxyLibrary to true and where it says ProxyLibrary put the name of the FXAA dll.

As far as the other things I don't know, but yes Shift+F12 toggles it.

WezEllison

WezEllison

Tyrant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
I've tried this and I think it looks amazing at night, the colours all work together (I've added an image for you) but during the day the bloom hits so hard that it's unbelievably bright, too bright.. but I'm sure with a few tweaks here and there I can sort it out.

I would recommend people download this as it's really well done, other than the brightness but that can be tweaked.

Mason69

Mason69

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
StupendousMan333

Yes to toggle enb it is shift + f12 and you can use fxaa and enb simultaneously, check the fxaa mod page to see how.

Edit: Confidence has beaten me to it XD

Edited by Mason69, 03 January 2012 - 11:47 PM.

Confidence Man

Confidence Man

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
@andiders - The pic you uploaded is way too bright, it shouldn't look like that at all. Do you have an ATI card?

Mason69

Mason69

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I have an ati one, will see how it works here.

vansenigma

vansenigma

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
comparison plz? :O
cuz ther is to many enb settings, my current fave is yaddas enb setting
but this look very nice can you upload a comparison pic of this to the original end setting?

Edited by vansenigma, 04 January 2012 - 01:59 AM.

brunoconan

brunoconan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Tested, very good, I'm impressed. The light and shadows look more realistic. Good job.

Page loaded in: 1.115 seconds