Arena Mod

rxmonste

Do you guys remmember Oblivion?Skyrim is of course better than oblivion, but despite that.....there is one thing oblivion has that skyrim dosen't, and that's the arena.

when the creation kit releases we need to make an arena mod similar to oblivion's arena but we need to make it improved, and here's some improvements we need if we're gonna make an arena mod:

1- the arena should be bigger than oblivion's arena.

2- it should have more fights than oblivion's arena, in oblivion you complete two or three fights to rank up, not enough should be more, and each rank must have a different number of fights, the more fights you have to rank up.

3-like oblivion the teams should take a break at late night, so the player can't fight after 10 PM.

4-the Storyline of it should be more interesting than oblivion's, some of your oponents will try to cheat, and you can choose to cheat, but if anyone gets caught cheating (even the player) should be kicked out, and the player should watch out not to let his oponents frame him of cheating.

5-the Storyline shouldn't end at the player becoming the grand champion, clearly that's the highest rank but you should defend your title aginst not only Champions that will fight you, but also SOME champions that will try to cheat to beat you, make it a bit harder, and it should end with the player having a rivarly with someone and then he ends that rivarly by defeating his rival, and some other ranks should have rivals for the player but the Grand Champion rank should have a final rivarly, then the story ends, and when it ends the player should have the option to have more fights (like oblivion) but it shouldn't have just 3 options like oblivion, it should have more than at least 15 options.

but that's all i have to say, when the creation kit releases we need a team for this mod and we could finish this in 3 or four weeks if we're lucky, anyway that's all i have to say, i hope you take my suggestion :)

Plus, you're propably gonna ask how is cheat cheating possible if anything is legal in the arena, example:

sabotoging weapons before the match starts.

For cheating, I was thinking something along the lines of poisoning the fountain you drink at before/after the match to refill hp to in fact reduce your maximum hp to 50% or something for a few hours, and if you try to wait the timer off then you forfeit the match. If there is an arena it should be end game material, meaning the fighters in the arena should be tougher than elder dragons, like 2000 hp with 100 one-handed/two-handed skill and daedric double enchanted weapons. something that will challenge the player. Also, if you don't care about continuity, you could make the arena change to other maps, like a maze or a platform surrounded by a deadly fall. Maybe even have an arena with so many traps that a single misstep could cause you to die (maybe just take a severe hit). Also, that could be one way that people could try to cheat (by activating traps on a map that doesn't 'usually' have traps). Might require serious effort in making all those maps but it'd be so worth it. Edited by Smizzy

For cheating, I was thinking something along the lines of poisoning the fountain you drink at before/after the match to refill hp to in fact reduce your maximum hp to 50% or something for a few hours, and if you try to wait the timer off then you forfeit the match. If there is an arena it should be end game material, meaning the fighters in the arena should be tougher than elder dragons, like 2000 hp with 100 one-handed/two-handed skill and daedric double enchanted weapons. something that will challenge the player. Also, if you don't care about continuity, you could make the arena change to other maps, like a maze or a platform surrounded by a deadly fall. Maybe even have an arena with so many traps that a single misstep could cause you to die (maybe just take a severe hit). Also, that could be one way that people could try to cheat (by activating traps on a map that doesn't 'usually' have traps). Might require serious effort in making all those maps but it'd be so worth it.

you're right, we shouldn't only have fights in the arena, we should also have challeges you have to get past and mazes, you sir are smart.

you're right, we shouldn't only have fights in the arena, we should also have challeges you have to get past and mazes, you sir are smart.

apparently I'm smart by accident. I meant that you fight in the maze and the trapped maps, to spice things up. All the fights in skyrim are just about running up to the enemy and hitting them. There's never any tactic or smarts, picking footing or location. I thought it would be cool to add in maps where you have to constantly watch the ground and walls as your opponents lures you into new rooms during the fight.

How about these ideas:

• Instead of having just one city or area hosting the arena, every large city (Solitude, Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, Riften, maybe Dawnstar or Morthal but not both, and Falkreath) has their own individual arena where there are tournaments in each city, leading up to a grand tournament (I haven't went through main story fully yet, so IDK any place that wouldn't break continuity, probably main tournament is held in a newly-made place where there are two dragon stones on opposing ends of the battlefield, maybe enclosing the contestants).

• With the war going on (Stormcloaks vs Imperials) tie that animosity in with the crowds or champions of each individual Arena. If you're going up against Imperial Markarth and you've joined the Stormcloaks, opponents fight a harder, fans throw crap at you and one might jump the wall and join the fight against you, fight more opponents at once, you start out with weaker weapons in a random rounud/match, you get a partner that doesn't want to help you fight -at the end of the match, you get to choose whether to kill him or show him mercy for his betrayal.

• Have a tournament "away season," where all this season's gladiators rest, train up, go adventure, whatever. They have normal NPC lives, some can even be companions. You're notified by courier when the tournament is about to begin and where your next bout will be.
    1. If this one gets picked up, fights are in waves of 5 (maybe more?) different random encounters each. If you win 3 out of 5 matches, you advance, if someone else in your bracket wins the same amount, you both fight each other; winner advances, loser has to wait two "game weeks" to reenter.

[*]Give consequences for losing, other than death (kind of what I was alluding to with the previous suggestion).

[*]Make the PC and every opponent "Essential" temporarily. Put some lore behind it like "The difference between Skyrim's Arena and Cyrodiil's is that Skyrim doesn't fight to the death. We honor warriors who fight valiantly with mercy, although accidents do happen..."

1. To help the enemies who cheat I saw a "Player Character is Essential" mod on Nexus a couple of days ago. I'm certain there's a way to toggle that feature on/off in the arena, if so also make it so the PC doesn't know when it's active.

[*]Don't let it end with just "becoming Grand Champion." Get summoned back to the Arena to defend your title and to appease your fans. After Grand Champion victories people throw gold coins at you, you can go into the stands. When you win "Hold Champion, you'll receive a special "trophy" from the Jarl of whatever hold you're in, and a "Grand Prize" being awarded by all the Jarls when you win Grand Champ.

I also like Smizzy's idea about having a "trapped" arena, that would add a new element of tactical combat to the fray. Leading enemies into poisoned arrow corridors, booby-trapped floor with spikes... For that, the arena could be an open-ceiling dungeon-type "gauntlet" where a "Two (or more) men enter, one man leaves" scenario takes place.

Edited by Xeronova

Real gladiators were slaves and stuff. I'm not suggesting slavery, but maybe the arena

content could be triggered by being abducted or something and forced to fight in the arena.

Or maybe it only triggers when you get sent to jail and you get the opportunity to become a

gladiator.

Either way, it would offer an interesting way to remove the player's item and force the player

to use weapons supplied by the arena itself. Fights don't have to necessarily be against harder

enemies, but they will certainly be harder if you're forced out of your double enchanted armor and

weapons and jewelery and into some (custom made) gladiator armor and weapons.

Haha, some star trek style "grab whatever you can and kill the guy" type of fights...that could be interesting.

Different weapons lying all over the place...which would make the fight interesting, if you and your

opponents weapon preferences matched up.

I think no matter what, you'd have to find some way to make the skyrim arena more "nord"...since the

oblivion arena was somewhat imperial (they are romanesque after all). making it nord culturally relevant would

be cool...i always thought the arena in oblivion was random.

Edited by Okhotsk

I was thinking about this too.

I'd love to see some arena sidequests, where you are sent to meet fans and do promotional work. Maybe the other team might try to ambush you in an alley after one of these, or kidnap your boyfriend or girlfriend, like in one of those kung fu movies.

And how about being able to end the fight if the other guy (or you) submits, rather than having every fight end in death?

apparently I'm smart by accident. I meant that you fight in the maze and the trapped maps, to spice things up. All the fights in skyrim are just about running up to the enemy and hitting them. There's never any tactic or smarts, picking footing or location. I thought it would be cool to add in maps where you have to constantly watch the ground and walls as your opponents lures you into new rooms during the fight.

well that's better than the earlier one you suggested.