[WIP] Ethas: Embrace of Destiny

jhardingame

Sounds Interesting

So some questions

1. Can I take my charcter in and out of your realm between Skyrim and Ethas?

2. if yes to 1. At any time? i.e can I `bob` back and forwards between the two realms

3. The lore is not the same what about , weapons, armour, `monsters` and races?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds Interesting

So some questions

1. Can I take my charcter in and out of your realm between Skyrim and Ethas?

2. if yes to 1. At any time? i.e can I `bob` back and forwards between the two realms

1) Absolutely, that's one thing we really want to push. We didn't want this to be an either/or situation.

2) Of course, there will be some slight limitations. Switching to Skyrim in the middle of combat, for example, or in a timed section of a quest could get screwy, so we'll likely have an overarching quest running in the background that manages when you can/can't switch back and forth. But yes, if you're wandering in the wilderness and decide to go explore the tundra of Skyrim, that's certainly an option. If after a bit you get bored of the cold, you can move back to Ethas. It will be a very simple process.

3) Races are something that we'll reveal in the future, and the same goes for armor and weapons. I will say this though- seeing as the two countries you'll be playing in, Arelia and Virardan, have drastically different climates than Skyrim, the fur clothing of the default game won't work in most situations.

Well, when it comes to basic stuff like Iron, Glass, Steel, etc, it's not truly "lore", it's just a style that's you usually see within a game. I'll will say one thing though, no over the top fur in Ethas (I'm looking at you Steel Plate Nordic Armor). They'll be some stuff you'll recognize, and some stuff you won't, and then some stuff which I've creatively retextured/hashed together using different armors to look different, but fit more within the feel/style of our mod. For example, if you look at the website, I already have a pic featuring some re-textured Thieves Guild armor, which we'll be using in a general mercenary sense, as the default mesh fits the role well. Here's the pic for reference;

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/162/wiparmorvariants.png

Which is another thing we'll be having for our base type armors, having a variety of them if it suits the type of armor well.

As for races, we will say this; You bought Skyrim to play as an Argonian? Alright, we won't restrict that, just be prepared to be the only Argonian in Ethas :P

Edited by jhardingame

Thank you for answering

One further question if you are willing to reveal, prompted by yr answers

HOW will I get in and out of yr realm - presuming it is not an attatched land mass, teleport door? Spell? - I realise at this stage you may not wish to answer if so no problem.

I am a long term Elder Scrolls player anyway, played oblivion for years - so I will add this to my list of keep my eye on mods, based on what seems a solid team with a background and good ideas, and hopefully be playing it 2013 good luck with yr work sir - Steve

But have you player Morrowind though? :P (and I know even older Elder Scroll players will ask if you've played Daggerfall, then Arena)

If you have played Morrowind, we're looking at doing similar like the "Mark and Call" system Morrowind had.

LOL - No I pick up Elder Scrolls at Oblivion Stage - BUT I started playin Dungeons and Dragons very first addidtion in about 1974-75, when I was 12 (I am close to 50 now) if that ups my `street cred`

Skyrim if played right, Mods that slow progresion, Dead is Dead, dont `carry` silly weights i.e you cant haul 3 suits of armour out of a dungeon, and played Role Play style - is as close as I can get to old D&D and I still love this genre so unless I pop my clogs and I am still here in 2013 I will look at yr Mod - Steve

I just saw the announcement for your next project, for Skyrim. It sounds wonderful I hope the project goes well, especially that the "Creation Kit" doesn't give you too

much trouble. With what I have done on your "Alton, IL" modification for "Fallout 3" as well as other modifications.

I also saw all the trailers released by Bethesda and other related materials such as magazine articles, blog posts and forum posts; all of these

tempted me enough to put "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" (PC Version) on my Christmas List (this previous Christmas). Well I ended up getting the game,

so now I'm able to access the Skyrim title and any modifications.

I'm talking to you about your project, with my high end card - GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 anything can run pretty quickly on my computer. Can you beat that?