Magic Menu Crashes

bruceytots

I am having the exact same problem. It is not a food buff as I have not had any food buffs. I have tried learning 20 or 30 new spells, fast traveling, and resting-waiting for long periods of time, and uninstalling all mods. Furthermore, I have tried all of these over and over again.. It started on my current save which is 1854 (level 81). If I go back to save 1574 (level 79) I can access the magic menu. The next save I have is 1595 and I can no longer acces it. But like I said I could access ti just fine until 1854. What changed? I have no idea. None of the fixes I can find work.

I am having the exact same problem, i believe it was from eating too much food, but i can't seem to find a way around it. I have play a few hours of the game after i ate the food, so what ever affects they would have should have worn off by now. But it still CTD when i try accessing the Magic menu. I really hope someone finds a proper fix especially if i need a shout to defeat the final boss :P

I have looked and I can say that I neither added nor removed any mods when this started to happen and I also did not start or finish any quests. I have no idea what caused this. I do know that this sucks really bad.

This started for me yesterday also. I haven't installed any new mods, it just started crashing to desktop. I have also tried all common fix suggestions with no luck. As for me I noticed also, that when I dual wield weapons it crashes also to desktop, just like when you try to go magic menu. Anyone else has this problem? This doesn't occur always, but maybe 50% of time when trying to dual wield. Both problems started at yesterday.

A while back I went to a word wall and learned "â–¡â–¡" - those rectangles that appear when a font isn't supported. I unlocked it and it turned out to be disarm, although I already had the "Disarm" shout too. It never affected the game, but I think this might be part of the problem now.

Is there a way to edit my save and see what is crashing the magic menu? Or remove all learned spells, powers, and shouts through the console? I'd rather not have to restart my character, as this is very gamebreaking.

Thanks for any help.

This is only a wild guess on my part based on some work I've been doing with the CK, but that could be your problem right there. Invalid Words of Power won't be recognized by the game and will CTD the magic menu. I know so from experimenting from with the CK. If you somehow learned a glitched up Word, that would obviously cause the magic menu to crash because the game wouldn't know how to write the word in the dragon language.

I wouldn't know why this would this be affecting all your saves though. It should only exist up to the point to where to learned the word. If you can't backtrack to before that point, then your only bet is to find a way through the console to delete the invalid word... Which may actually be more of a hassle than it's worth as I wouldn't know of a easy way to find an unknown word's ID in-game.

A while back I went to a word wall and learned "â–¡â–¡" - those rectangles that appear when a font isn't supported. I unlocked it and it turned out to be disarm, although I already had the "Disarm" shout too. It never affected the game, but I think this might be part of the problem now.

Is there a way to edit my save and see what is crashing the magic menu? Or remove all learned spells, powers, and shouts through the console? I'd rather not have to restart my character, as this is very gamebreaking.

Thanks for any help.

This is only a wild guess on my part based on some work I've been doing with the CK, but that could be your problem right there. Invalid Words of Power won't be recognized by the game and will CTD the magic menu. I know so from experimenting from with the CK. If you somehow learned a glitched up Word, that would obviously cause the magic menu to crash because the game wouldn't know how to write the word in the dragon language.

I wouldn't know why this would this be affecting all your saves though. It should only exist up to the point to where to learned the word. If you can't backtrack to before that point, then your only bet is to find a way through the console to delete the invalid word... Which may actually be more of a hassle than it's worth as I wouldn't know of a easy way to find an unknown word's ID in-game.

If that is the case, there is command for that it seems "Yes there is a command, it's called RemoveShout. It's actually not a console command but a script function, but it can still be used from the console. Warrior7 08:16, 6 February 2012 (UTC)" http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Console

I have this problem too. I try to click on the magic menu and the game crashes automatically. I have the midas magic mod and the Phenderix Magic Evolved - 164 New Spells mod from the steam workshop. I unsubscribed from these mods and my game still crashes.