Magic Menu Crashes

bruceytots

I'm having the same issue. Some say it is due to eating stacks of identical foods but that is fixed by waiting until the perks time out, I've also tried learining new spells to see if it would 'reset.'

One possibility I have thought of, maybe the perks from the food somehow looped and they are not timing out. Does anyone know a console command to remove all temporary perks? If so I'll test and let you guys know what happens.

i tried doesn't work :'(

Dispelallspells is the command btw

After lots of effort attempting to fix this problem, i found that on another thread that by installing the 1.4.26 beta patch it worked again, this also worked for me. Edited by Bazilpop

• 3 months later...

Like so many others, I've run into this same problem.

I installed 2 mods from Skyrim Nexus (Warzone Civil Unrest, and the faction armor pack that go with it) and 2 Steamcommunity mods (Wolf Pack followers and Convenient Horses). I've deactivated, deleted and re-activated the mods, and went back to before any of them could have taken effect. It only affects one of my characters, but it affect him on every save file (he's a Dark Elf if that's any help). It can't be the food glitch because I only use potions, never food. Fortunately, I have a good number of spells, but absolutely no shouts set to my favorites.

I didn't notice the problem until I went to Windhelm and wanted to use Clear Skies. I was in Whiterun the day before.

Edited by Draezeth

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem, which seemed like it wouldn't be an issue, I have alternate start so I didn't plan on playing as the dragonborn but, I had race tweaks, so I planned on playing as a wood elf hunter with a pet elk... The only problem is, I can't open my magic menu to get the spell! I have tried making a new character, reloading old saves, everything and anything it said to do but to no avail... welp... Guess I'll have to go on without Rowan :down: (Rowan was going to be my Elk's name)

Aaah Well...

• 1 year later...

well i just had a similar problem today I dont know if anyone still uses this thread or cares but i found the problem on mine of all things to be an item. If i ever tried to open the magic or powers tabs my game would instantly crash and it was somehow being caused by the items added by the mod "palantiri". My game didnt crash until after I has those items and once i disabled the mod it was fine.

• 3 years later...

This problem still haunts Tamriel years later :-) Worse than a Draugr Lord. I ran into it one day -- after some miles of sightseeing travel during which I really didn't use any spells -- also after not that many hours of play (40-some), no food eating, no mods that change magic inventory--and am still crippled by the lethal magic menu. I'm working around it, unwilling to trash my campaign, by using console commands to equip spells and shouts. Oh well.

I can do most things via console except add a spell or shout to Favourites. That's frustrating, as the Faves menu still works great!

BTW, I do use SkyUI which has been implicated now and then in CTD, but usually it affects both Inventory and Magic Menus. In my case it is only Magic that CTD.

Just another sad little journal entry left for some future adventurer to read :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Taz, It's been years since I played Skyrim but I always used SkyUI. It was a staple mod. When I play again it will be one of my first downloads