CHSBHC Body, Breast and Butt Physics Mod

CherryHotaling

I can offer all of the knowledge I have on this subject. I got 3 or so years experience in 3DS Max (and a degree, which will be handy if I run out of toilet paper).

Spring constraints (within 3DS max) are definitely the way forward if you are going to continue using your current method (springy animations baked into the .hkx files). I presume you animated the breatsbones by hand in your inital tests.

It's quite likely that trying to export with the spring constraints added will crash on export, so what you might need to do is have your normal set of breast bones with a clone of them copied in exactly the same place. On the clone you can add the spring constraints. For each animation you can align the real bones to the cloned ones and just make enough keyframes to mimic the simulated movement. When that is done you can just delete the cloned bones and export as usual. This would be an accurate way of remaking a large batch of animations.

One of the comments in your mod mentioned the possibility in the future of keeping the breastbones as ragdoll simulations all the time in game. If you could somehow work out how to do this then that would be amazing. I'm not an expert on havok animation though so I can't offer any real advice. This method would also be timesaving- you wouldn't have to remake a single animation. I'm not even entirely sure if it is actually possible though.

Keep up the good work on this mod- it has a lot of potential.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I just remembered something which may be useful in your quest for real time jiggling.

Fire attronachs have a bone in them which lags behind the movement of the fire attronach in real time. Fire is attached to this bone, so it leaves a trail. You could probably check out the settings on this bone and apply something similar to the breastbones. (I'm 90% sure this was done in the bones system, not the NIF. Throttlekitty might know more).

It wouldn't have a perfect result, and it wouldn't take momentum into account so no actual jiggling would occur. It would result in basic secondary motion though. The lag would obviously need to be set to a fraction of a second, otherwise the breasts would end up about a meter away from the body when you run.

Even if it isn't an acceptable solution at least it proves that there is room for experimentation in the current skyrim engine.

EDIT: I've checked out the fire attronach. I think some of the info is in the .NIF and some seems to point to an external .hkx file.

Theres a property called BSLagBoneController with various settings on it. I'm not sure if adding this on it's own would be enough.

Edited by TwiggySkyrim

I am litterally stumped on why the High Elf and Wood elf are crashing.

I knew why the beast race was and I fixed the skeletonbeast_female.nif adding the additional bones fixing that issue.

But the 2 Elf races seem to elude me. Funny that the dark elf class works perfect.

I need to correct this before I can move on to making additional Physics animations.

It's quite likely that trying to export with the spring constraints added will crash on export

i have no idea how Havok exporter works but Gambryo exporter often (in case of not directly supported controllers, e.g. TCB ones) simply samples the bones' translation/rotation/scale key frame values and in this respect it is independent from the used controller. How good it does that with a particular controller is another story: Gambryo exporters definitely do the job better than NifTools ones (btw the later works with spring controller without problems). The way around could be to export animation with fbx (or NifTools exporter) and reimport/transfer (use Max animation transfer options) it (animation) back it in the Max scene before the final export with Havok plugin. At least this works for me with several different controllers.

:smile:

Im wondering if the High Elves or Wood elves use the femalebodyastrid_0.nif and femalebodyastrid_1 files (I tried changing them with the mesh I use (weights painted and all and still crash)

There also seems to be some Astrid texture files. But the question is, is there a havok file associated with that, that has bone rigg data in it.

gah this is killing me lol.

Im wondering if the High Elves or Wood elves use the femalebodyastrid_0.nif and femalebodyastrid_1 files

This is very unlikely: astrid bodies/nifs have no underwear meshes and were used for the first iteration of Skyrim nudes.

There is also such file: skeleton_female.nif. Maybe, to update it with the new bones. But why is that than so specific for these elves and works with other races? Game engine glitch? :wallbash:

:smile:

Edited by A1x2e3l

Well its not the animation lol. I removed the animation and it still goes poof.

Theres got to be bone data for the 2 elf races im missing.

Finding out where is proving very difficult. I thought I got all the Havok files and nif files but there has to be a file im missing.

I will keep everyone updated.

CherryHotaling, is this file "CHSBHC-V2.0-Physics-Bone-T-Pose.max" more than the skeleton nif with the new bones?

If not, could you please list the parameters of your new bones? I'm just starting to migrate from Blender to 3DS (2010 unfortunately), but with this Bone Creation Tools it doesn't seem too hard to add some new. If I succeed I could provide the max file for other poor 2010 users.