NPC Editor creating Neck Seam?

Lardtree3

I've been getting this weird neck seam on my spouse for awhile now and I can't seem to pinpoint what would be causing it. Here's the picture:

http://i.imgur.com/fsn1m.png

After disabling and trying various combinations of my mods, I can't manage to figure out what was causing it. I have some other armor mods and whatnot, but these are the only mods I can think of that might be affecting this:

I have CBBE v2 installed (Feet and Hands as well)

I have Better Females v3 (Makeup version 2)

I used NPC Editor to change her default outfit, but did not do anything to her appearance.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I've seen this before mainly on Bretons I think it has to do with the body0 and body1 chosen. I had made a custom armor all body1s when the seem appeared but when I went back to body0 being body0 the seam disapeared outfits have 0s and 1s after its name like outfitF0 or outfitf1... if its a breton try a 0 Edited by ClayboTGW

I've seen this before mainly on Bretons I think it has to do with the body0 and body1 chosen. I had made a custom armor all body1s when the seem appeared but when I went back to body0 being body0 the seam disapeared outfits have 0s and 1s after its name like outfitF0 or outfitf1... if its a breton try a 0

I decided to play around with it a little more. The outfit is DBWeddingOutfit and the neck seam appears no matter what outfit she is wearing (also she is a Nord).

What's even weirder is that I uninstalled all of the mods mentioned above to try and pinpoint the problem. I tried with BF and CBBE installed, but no NPCEdit file. I tried with just CBBE and I tried with just BF and I even tried with all 3 removed and the neck seam is as persistent as ever. I can't think of any other mods I'm using that would even affect those textures. I'm completely lost now.

not a texture issue by the looks of it, it looks like someone fubared the rigging somewhere. as you have modified mesh files, it's almost certainly down to those

It's interesting that you mention that. The modified mesh is obviously CBBE v2, and in the optional files for that mod there is a kit that explains how repair a neck seam problem that he is aware of. I followed the instructions in there but saw no difference so perhaps I can contact Caliente for help with this problem as it is likely to be the case.

The weirdest thing is that the neck seam only affects my spouse. My character is unaffected as are other NPCs sporting CBBE clothing.

• 1 month later...
I have this same neck seam on Lydia now, no body mods installed. It happened after I edited her in the Creation Kit. I've figured out which file is causing the problem; it's the mesh file that the CK creates when you export an NPC. If I take that file out, the neck seam disappears. The problem is that when I do that, all the texture work I did on her face goes with it. Seems like I can either have her with a dark head, or I can have her with a properly colored head but a huge neck seam. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have a mod that changes racial heights. I mention that because the neck seam doesn't show in the CK. Anyone have any thoughts?

• 8 months later...
I've only ever seen this happen in my game to mod-added NPC's which have been created with their size and weight lower than 1 and 100 respectively. When body mods like CBBE are applied to the smaller size it causes an issue where the head loads incorrectly relative to the body. All I do is open the mod in the Creation Kit, select the NPC in question, change weight to 100.00, save, and reapply the facegen data (select NPC, ctrl+f4, yes, yes to all) for good measure (this last bit can also be used to fix gray face), save again, just because I'm really anal, and bam. Works every time. Or, like, the two times I've actually had the problem, but still.

Like ClayboTGW said above this is a problem with Bretons and CBBE. Bretons are 95% of other races and CBBE has a shorter neck than UNP. It has more to do with height than weight so the weight slider won't necessarily fix it. In CK you can change the NPC's height or you can change the height of all Breton's if it's happening to all of them.

edit: In the C.K. the term "height" does not just refer to Z scale but it refers to X, Y, and Z scale. The weight slider only changes the X and Y scales because the 0 and 1 meshes have the same Z scale.

The command "setscale 1" would work if the particular NPC's height had been changed in the C.K. or you can try "setscale 1.1" if it's a Breton.

Edited by DizzasterJuice