[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

Dude i don't think that this is the real job for a beginner...i haven't done much with bones and all that stuff yet but when i look on your screenshot i see no bones in it so i guess you did not edit it right in Max or you just edited the mesh and exported is as nif without adding a skeleton or using the skin modifier.

I GUESS (!) it works the same way with body parts as with armor, i already posted the 2nd part of the armor tutorial from the somuchmonsters guy and he shows how to add a skeleton/bones to a model, how to export the file and edit it with nifskope.

Edit: I assume you are the guy that just send me a PM 'bout the model on youtube so still the same answer :D

Edited by ghosu

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted a tutorial on adding voice acting, particularly if the CK is being uncooperative:

Adding voice Demystified and such.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/577443-tutorial-adding-custom-voice-even-if-the-ck-wont/

Looks like this is becoming a barrier to people getting on with their story based mods. Can't go having that now can we?

Happy Modding!

This is driving me crazy! Is there a tutorial for importing new clothes / armor into Skyrim via 3D studio Max? I'm doing a set of clothes that cover all but the head feet and hands (I'm using the Fineclothes01 as a base) and I've yet to find a single tutorial that actually does this from start to finish. The ToMuchMonsters guy has that two part tutorial, but he only does a helmet. I'm sitting here looking at 27 nodes, not one. They have to be in order, but pasting my new trishape in throws them all out of wack, and they CANNOT be re-orderd (I've painstakingly re-ordered them with CTRL+up, just to find that when I saved, they exploded back into chaos)

In his second part, he seems to skip the part were you copy your NiTriShape block into your base item. Or can I just fix the textures and go with what 3DSMAX outputs?

I guess you mean that one?

Works for me...well the import process works, the morphing tool is buggy for me :D

You load in your object, start plugin, add sceleton, choose the body type you used as template for your armor, select armor button click on your armor, add modifiers button, select all faces of your armor part, choose the export version (M/F, light or heavy) export it as nif, open an original nif with a similar item and copy the shaderproperties into your nif, enter the same value in the skindismemberinstance/partitions/body part as in the original one, change the texture path and save it as xxx_0 for the light and xxx_1 for the heavy version of the armor.

Edited by ghosu

I don't care about morphing yet, as I can't even get anything into the game. The issue I (was?) am having is that my nodes are all out of order when I export from max, and I am missing some nodes that I see in default nifs. I was trying to re-order them to match, and include all the missing crap, but I MIGHT have finally fixed it.

Maybe the order doesn't mean anything after all? Don't know, I'll update this post should it work.

Its a miracle! It was shiny as hell, but it was in game! I swear I spent all day on this before I posted, I'm not one who is quick to post. But when I do finally post, I normally figure it out 10 minutes later.

I went into my shader properties and turned specular strength to zero. Its a workaround, but this model doesn't need specular anyway.