[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using Nvidia's dds tools. Has anyone else found ANY setting that does not produce horrific blocking in the color channels and massive degradation of the alpha channel? Remember how blocky the vanilla normal maps were on faces? All of my normals end up like that no-mater what settings I try.

Any guides for how to set up an texture on an new object in nifscope.

I made an new object, checked that the texture map was ok in max.

In nifscope I removed the NiMaterialProperty and added BSLightingShaderProperty from some clothing.

Object shows up ok in nifscope, ok in editor however in the game it's almost black, only show is color in very strong light. One other object I made was way to bright.

Hi all

Can someone tell me if there is a tutorial available that goes over how to import hair from Oblivion mods? Or something relative?

There are some wonderful hairs that I am working on getting permissions from the author. Would love to import them to Skyrim.

thank you

There is a rough tutorial in my sig, afaik you only use the UV map so materials don't matter since you have to delete theirs properties entry in NifSkope :biggrin:

Was thinking more on that the different settings in BSLightingShaderProperty did, either my items ends up to dark or to light.

Think I have solved the headband problem, and it become to plastic even if I used BSLightingShaderProperty from in game clothes and the texture itself is also an tileless version of ingame textures.