[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

Texturing for Skyrim seems counterintuitive to what I am used to. Anyone able to offer a tutorial on adding the impression of depth to an object without adding to its polys? I've used the search on this thread specifically but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. It might even be an issue of lingo as I am seeing terms I am not familiar with.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of information on this page, most of which I'm sure I'll revisit many times over. Question I have for now is simple. I'm going to be downloading CK this weekend, can anyone suggest a "simple" project for someone who has never done any modding before. I've been wanting to do a few projects for personal use, but I'll need mad experience before I can tackle those projects. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Sincerely & Respectfully

ZenOps

Texturing for Skyrim seems counterintuitive to what I am used to. Anyone able to offer a tutorial on adding the impression of depth to an object without adding to its polys? I've used the search on this thread specifically but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. It might even be an issue of lingo as I am seeing terms I am not familiar with.

What you describe, impression of depth, would fall into the Normal Maps textures. As you said, just a question of "lingo". ;)

There is also the option of using paralax meshes+textures, but for a start I would advise sticking with normal maps.

I'm making a quest where, let's say for example a chef wants you to get some ingredients for him, then after you fetch them, you have to wait for a certain time period until you can return and receive your pie

I've got the Fetch collect stuff working but not sure the best way to go about adding the waiting period

There is a lot of information on this page, most of which I'm sure I'll revisit many times over. Question I have for now is simple. I'm going to be downloading CK this weekend, can anyone suggest a "simple" project for someone who has never done any modding before. I've been wanting to do a few projects for personal use, but I'll need mad experience before I can tackle those projects. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Sincerely & Respectfully

ZenOps

Well what are you best at? Level design, 3d modeling, texturing, scripting, quest design, etc. If you're good at level design or 3d modeling/texturing, I'd appreciate your help at this thread. For quest design, you could try your hand at a small questline with 2-3 quests. Or maybe a follower.

Sorry I do not know if there is a tutorial already been asked to translate the menu MCM.

It's explained here, under Localization. You'll have to scroll down a bit to get to it, but that should do the trick.

Why would Wrye bash refuse to let me manually re-order my mods by giving me "Plugins cannot be loaded before masters" error, while that is not what I am trying to do. All of the masters are located before the plugin. In, fact, nothing can be moved, always returns the former error.

Edited by looom

• 1 month later...

I wanna make a house in Skyrim with Creation Kit. Is it hard?

Level design in the CK is more artistic rather than "coding" or making normalish mods. Not to say it's not respectable and requires some level of skill and design sense.

But no, not really. It's a lot of pulling objects around in a render window. Not too hard.

• 4 weeks later...