• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

4EverLol4Life

4EverLol4Life

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
I've got XCE (v 1.13) installed with the custom CBBE textures made by navetsea (body, feet, hands and face textures) over it and the meshes of your body mod. Also k custom followers mod by Kevgav, but i don't think this can make a problem here. I don't have any further mods that alter characters except for hair.

What I'm trying to do is to fix these neck seams that are very visible, I followed your instructions in your Readme file, but i'dd like to know if these textures get installed automatically in the data-folder and if your texblend has to be in the same folder as skyrim's data-folder or if this can be installed everywhere.

I could try to use another face texture mod and use your body textures, if it solves the highly visible neck seams, i'dd be happy with it.

*edit* BTW when using Texblend, and then after I selected Head and colour, then the CalienteHeadcolorblend.psd,
does there have to be a list of source textures at 4, cause i don't have that.
Oh wait read the readme again, that says this is like that.
I'm trying your default body textures and bella's face texture mod now with texblend. To see if I can remove the problem.

*edit* Same problem, still very visible but slightly less visible than when i used navetsea's texture.
Its not visible from a distance when in the shadows.

Edited by 4EverLol4Life, 12 April 2012 - 04:04 PM.

MonoS944

MonoS944

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
@Caliente: I start TexBlend using this VisualBasic 2010 script
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("TexBlend/TexBlend.exe")

But also using this
Posted Image
i have the same problem

Maybe i should try to pass to your program some arguments then it can look in the right directory

Can it be a solution??

Caliente

Caliente

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 574 posts
4EverLol4Life : addressing your second try first, when you tried my textures and bella's head -- sounds like you did the color channel, but you might still need to do the normal map channel. the normal map seam would be invisible in ambient (shadowed) lighting.
For the rest, the default installed textures are designed to blend with my texture files. Ideally, i'd expect that using navetsea body and head textures together would create a seamless look. If not, there's not much Texblend can do without a seam-fix texture file. If one exists, you'd need to copy the navetsea seam fix textures into the Library location (same place as the CalienteHeadcolorblend.psd files) to blend with those textures. Making any sense yet?

Mono: right, your current working directory is not the texblend directory in both examples. the best way to do what you want to do in VB.Net is to use the ProcessStartInfo class to specify a working directory:

Dim startInfo As New ProcessStartInfo("TexBlend.exe")
startInfo.WorkingDirectory = "Path/To/Texblend"
Process.Start(startInfo)

Woxx

Woxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Im 100 percent I messed up a lot. But im starting to understand, to bad its after my mistakes!
When I click preview for head>color>headneckblendcolor.psd, there is no source preview. Mod and destination preview appear fine. Then when I click blend images, I get a error: Failed to save image. I am using bellas head mod.

Edited by Woxx, 12 April 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Woxx

Woxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Ok I think I fixed it, not sure how I did. I think I just reinstalled everything.

Either way, after you blend images from the FAQ etc etc, where is the saved file? Is it installed in the skyrim directory? or is it in the library folder? where the head folder is located?

Woxx

Woxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I think im getting there! The file is saved automatically then it seems. Can it hurt things, when I use set: body and feet, AND hands. To use both can be fine? I use a higher rez pack of BBE v3.

Im just now wondering if its harmless to use both sets to send the blend? I did it besides, seems to work fine, the seam is hard noticeable.

Woxx

Woxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
The problem Im having now is the collar bone is very shiny. Using just the head set isnt working that great. So I go to body and feet, and while that makes the seam blend very good, it leaves a shiny colar bone. Its very bright.

MonoS944

MonoS944

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
@Caliente: IT WORKS!!

Thanks a lot caliente :D

4EverLol4Life

4EverLol4Life

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
@Caliente
oh, that was just as an example, I did the normal and specular maps too, it's only from afar or in the shadows I don't see the seam.
I'll look some further for a solution

*edit*
I found a mod that fixes seams, It was a lot better but in the light there was still a quite visible seam.
The no shine optional with bella's face mod fixed this :P
now i can barely see it :D yay
Either way, thanks for the advice

Edited by 4EverLol4Life, 15 April 2012 - 04:02 PM.

Thoragoros

Thoragoros

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
It worked. The instructions you provided were amazingly clear, and easy to understand.

Many thanks. Endorsed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.016 seconds