No Blood and/or No Gore

lolzilla

Short Version: Like the title says, I am interested in a no blood and no gore (decapitations) mod.

Long Version: My sister is ten years younger than me (12 years old) and parents have been more protective with her about game/movie consumption when it comes to blood/gore/sexual content. I would like for her to be able to play Skyrim, but parents already know a dude get decapitated in the intro to the game. I don't know how complicated a mod that removes blood spatter on the world/objects/players and the HUD, but I can't imagine my sister is the only kid who could benefit from this "tweak".

Removing Bethesda preplaced blood/gore in the world would probably complicated, but I am asking at least for removal of fresh spatter/decapitations. Temporarily, I could just turn decals off, but that doesn't do enough and removes more than just blood.

Thanks guys. Keep up the awesome community/mods.

Intriguing. This piqued my interest, as I remembered reading something about family settings at the beginning of the instruction manual. Followed the link they provided (www.gamesforwindows.com/isyourfamilyset) and it took me to the Xbox marketplace website. Way to go, Microsoft. Searched around the main page and eventually found a small link at the bottom entitled, 'PEGI: Information on game age ratings and family settings'. That led to a dead-end webpage that simply explained EU game rating protocols. Despite its claims, Microsoft doesn't seem to be very supportive of parental controls on mature games.

Removing blood spatter will be simple enough once we get the CS. Maybe one of the code-gurus around here can cook something up for you even sooner.

This mod seems to be in demand. I also need it. I gave the game to my cousin's kids. Their parents are protective of what they play and watch, especially since the younger of the two is only 7. Without gore or combat even a 6-year-old can enjoy the game for the sceneries and nature. For now we settle with typing "tcai" in the console, but the older one still likes to hack at anything that moves, especially when it can't fight back, and the excess gore gets on my nerves. Edited by PsxMeUP

Well, I feel silly. Here's a perfectly decent "No Blood" mod:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36

Removes the splashes on screen, spurts from combat, and splashes/decals in the environment. Does not currently do anything for the decapitation perk (according to comments). I started up a new character to test it out and the first showing of blood in the game, the prisoner decapitation, was still bloody, but in combat there was no blood whatsoever. It is a perfectly reasonable tweak as removing all instances of blood/gore in the game would require a fully dedicated modder for a good deal of time. I did not think about all the "Giant's Toes" and assorted animal parts and whatnot there would be to clean up if one were going to remove all blood/gore.

I had done some simple Google searching to no avail, but found this mod with Skyrim Nexus's own search function very easily. I would still appreciate a mod that made dismemberment or other gory parts of the game more friendly for my kid sister.