New Beginning

t0mm06

Ok so i saw a mod the other day that adds the live action trailer as in intro to the game, and this gave me what i thought was a really cool idea, its not really a request more of a, who else would be interested in this?'

So we change the start of the game (where you enter helgen on a wagon) and we change this to the live action trailer, so the game starts where the ending of the trailer kicks off, so the very start of the game is the PC fighting a dragon, in the armour from the trailer.

As an idea what do you guys think?

Doesn't mesh at all with the starting sequence of events, and the fact that when the game starts you have no idea that you are Dragonborn. The trailer has the dragonborn not only aware but able to use Shouts and defeat a dragon in single combat, something that's not possible in the game until you visit Balgruff in Whiterun and assist a contingent in killing a very minor dragon.

In order to use that trailer as a starting point you will have to write off the first 1-3 hours of game play and the setup for the 2 main quest series in the game (The Dragons and the Civil War), both of which are initiated in that first sequence of events.

I suppose that with some minor video editing, you could play it off as a "flash forward". A lot of movies/TV shows/games start off that way. Fade to white at the end of the trailer, slowly bring in the sound of Helgen being attacked by Alduin, and dissolve back into gameplay. Could be a refreshing change.

See i had the idea that it could have been like, he was aware he was dragon born, and he heads off to white run to warn and help them, yes there'd have to change some of the start of the white run stuff but not to much, for instance, they could still need the dragon stone, and help slaying the dragon, and the greybeards can still call you at that time

I don't see how you can set up the entire game with what you are thinking better than they already did it with Helgen and a later realization that you are Dragonborn. For me it just doesn't work trying to jam a trailer depicting obvious much later events into the game as a beginning point. But, you are free to make the mod if you really want it! :thumbsup: