SKSE problem installation

gullo92

i have istallation the famous mod skyUI...for great operation that mod has need another mod:Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE).but when i put this in the correct folder and i started the skse_loader this error appears:"Couldn't find TESV.exe."

why?

(sorry for my bad English)

i have istallation the famous mod skyUI...for great operation that mod has need another mod:Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE).but when i put this in the correct folder and i started the skse_loader this error appears:"Couldn't find TESV.exe."

why?

(sorry for my bad English)

thanks for your support

• 4 weeks later...

You probably put SKSE in your Skyrim\Data folder. Put it in your Skyrim folder, the same one with TESV.exe

Why doesnt anyone EVER read the READMEs

ermmm

my skse worked fine before this patch.

i updated steam and skse..

(both in exe folder.)

i have a permanent tesv.exe can not be found bug.

what exe folder?

Edit: ah, you mean they are in the same folder the skyrim.exe is (I hope).

Still the message points to SKSE can't find a known Skyrim.exe. To let things clear... skse_loader.exe and it's related dlls MUST be at the same folder where Skyrim.exe is. That is valid for shortcuts in the desktop too, for if you had it installed wrongly before and still using a shortcut created then it will point the wrong "working folder". Verify at the shortcut properties the "traget" and the "start in" fields. Better yet, create a new shortcut from your actual installation and delete the former.

Edited by nosisab

• 4 months later...
I'm having a similar problem. I unzipped the file and put the 6 files into the same folder as TESV.exe. When I try to run through the SKSE Loader, it says it can't find TESV.exe, when it's clearly in the same folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the message is about SKSE not finding the correct version or you may have a patched version, whatever the reason. SKSE is sensible to any change in the executable.

PS: For the Steam version of Fallout New Vegas, was needed to start the game directly from Steam (instead using the loader) but for Skyrim it is working directly for me, so it should not be the problem.

Edited by nosisab

I'm pretty sure this is a recent problem with SKSE and related to it not supporting the current version. I got this exact same message a week ago after my Skyrim updated itself through Steam. I double checked the exe hadn't been randomly deleted or moved (which it hadn't) then ran SKSE again. I then got a message saying SKSE didn't support current version of Skyrim. There's another thread around detailing that issue. Ah, here it is

My link