Game Crashes when Equipping (due to mods)

moosemoose

It definitely wont be anything to do with issues from a Radeon since my card is an Nvidia GTX 460, although for anyone else reading this thread, I heard of some problems with the Nvidia control panel trying to force graphics options on skyrim and causing issues (the fix is to set all options in the control panel to application controlled). Also the filtering is working fine so SKSE must be running then.

It could be mod load order between Better Sorting and SkyUI, or it could be that one wasn't installed properly. If you really want both, I'd recommend reading their readmes carefully before uninstalling and reinstalling them. Sometimes uninstalling can cause more problems than its worth unless you follow a specific procedure found in the mod's readme, so do read before you uninstall.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a similar problem , but If i had to list all my mods , there would be 200 of them. SO I would list the potential problems . Might there be a problem if there was a sexy maids of skyrim posted with SKYUI? causing every equipping function or even 'showracemenu' command to be CTD-ed? becuz i cant think of any other problem that causes CTDs

• 1 year later...

The problem: Skyrim will crash if -

1. I try to equip an object (Weapon, armor or potion).

2. I try to equip a spell.

3. I try to remove an item from my inventory.

4. I trying to exit my inventory.

Currently installed mod list:

2K Real Ice V2 (Parallax)

Quality World Map - All Roads

AOF Believable Hair 1.3

Better Sorting 2.01

Enhanced Night Skyrim 0.4

Improved NPC Clothing 1.8.1

Insane0h's Realistic Sun v2

Enhanced Blood Textures

Realistic Smoke and Embers 1.3

RWT (Realistic Water Textures) 1.9.5

SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender)1.04

Skyrim HD 2K Textures 1.3

Sky UI 2.0

TESVAL 0.3

Triss Armor

Vurts Skyim Flora Overhaul 1.07

As far as I can tell this problem is due to the mods, seeing as I can't find this problem (or solution) anywhere, and the game worked fine without the any mods. Every one of the mods (that I have encountered in the game) has worked so far, eg. no purple textures, floating people etc. I have already tried using BOSS to see if there was a conflict, but it reported none. Any help would be much appreciated.

your lucky you have that many i got 1010 mods to find out which one is doing it for me and mine seems to do it most when i try to equip daggers or battleaxes

I managed to figure part of it out a least. When I disabled Better Sorting, my inventory worked again - odd culprit. The weird thing I can't imagine what it would be conflicting with since it is (supposedly) compatible with SkyUI. Since disabling the Triss mod didn't change anything, I don't think it is compatible with that, but the only other mods that I have (aside from texures and FXAA) are Enhanced Blood and Realist, neither of which make sense. Whatevs, I guess I will just have to live with no sorting. Thanks all.

another thing you could do is make a NEW game save (restart)

• 6 years later...

For anyone having this problem (as I did, 2021), the solution was to download the WAACF Bashed Patch and place it at the bottom of my load order. This resolves conflicts from most mods that add armor or weapons.

For example, in my case I had several mods that all wanted to add weapon of the same ID, so when I tried to equip it the game didn't know what to do and just shut down. This fixed it for me. Nine years later I hope this helps someone.