Khajiit and Argonian Children

hpdarkness

One thing I noticed about Oblivion and Skyrim is there never happens to be children of the beast races in the game. I just thought it was a bit strange, I mean I'm sure Khajiits have little kitten children that are super cute. Maybe it would make an interesting mod. I don't know what do you all think of this?

Sadly, there are no Khajiit or Argonian children.

There aren't even that many Khajiit and Argonians in Skyrim, which is a shame.

The second one is explained in story - strangers aren't very welcomed by the Nords. The former was largely a budgetary reason :(

There also no hybrid persons ever - half this half that, neither children nor grown-ups. Might argue that Khajiit, Argonians and Humans are too DNA-incompatible, but why never a half Breton/half Nord?

I'm just wondering why the developers never added something like that. I personally think it would only add to the immersion of the game.

Same reason why you never can cross the boundaries and walk over to Cryodill, Hammerfell or Morrowind for a visit. Same reason why many NPCs don't really react properly on the newest events/quests. Same reason why there aren't even more quests. Being a finite game with finite development investment, they have to stop somewhere.

Edited by faifh

Sadly, there are no Khajiit or Argonian children.

Well think about it, seeing as non-Humans aren't welcomed in the holds of Skyrim, then why would any Argonian or Khajit want to raise their children there? The most Argonians or Khajits we see are dock workers or traders, not exactly the most likely people to raise children.

There also no hybrid persons ever - half this half that, neither children nor grown-ups. Might argue that Khajiit, Argonians and Humans are too DNA-incompatible, but why never a half Breton/half Nord?

Well Bretons themselves have Elven DNA in them, but aside from that it's simply because it would make the different human races of Skyrim pointless.

The Nords themselves are essentially only largely built Bretons, and Imperials are essentially only slightly tanned Bretons.

I mean take real life, my father's side of the family is Anglo-Saxon and my mother's side is Celtic, but I know that either way It's not noticable, I could claim to be Nordic, Anglo-Saxon or Celtic and you would believe me based on my appearance, and there's nothing saying a guy who's parents are both Celtic wouldn't look almost identical to me.

So what I'm saying is that the world of the Elder Scrolls doesn't operate with genetics the same way as in real life, the lines between 'Nord, Imperial and Breton' are much more rigid than the real life ethnicities of say Celtic or Nordic, which means that a Nord could not have a child with a Breton and the child would look like a fusion of the two, he'd probably just end up looking like a Breton.

Edited by Sky999

Actually, there can't be half/half hybrid people.

The child is always the race of the mother, as an example an orc mother and dark elf father would have an orc child.

Thats a nice way to solve that game tech "problem".

I'd liked hybrid anyway, having for example half strong benefits from both races. With the oblivion face engine were everything was just more or less stretched it might even been possible to create arbitrary crossbreed by taking half/half settings.

Actually, there can't be half/half hybrid people.The child is always the race of the mother, as an example an orc mother and dark elf father would have an orc child.

Then how did we get Bretons?

Also you see a lot of talk of Hybrids in books so...