Thuumic Shouter not working

mjhill72

Hi.. I apologize if I didn't see this answered in the forums.

I've downloaded the Thuumic Shouter v1.71(beta) and installed it into the correct (Skyrim) directory. It loads to the desktop and recognizes my voice and displays correct words for shouts when I say them. Also downloaded most recent release of Script Dragon and that appears to be working. (..maybe I don't need the most recent release of Script Dragon, but rather the release that corresponds with my particular version of Skyrim?? ..hmm..)

Anyways.. I load up Skyrim, making sure to have "Load Loose Files" checked. I have Thuumic up and running. When I say a shout, Thuumic detects it, but I get no in-game response. So, my guy won't shout when I say the shout. I've tried using it with weapons drawn, holstered and in all safety modes. Still nothing. I set the "Hotkey to trigger shout switching" to F8 just like PsychoHamster does in his tutorial video and I press that in-game, still nothing.

I saw someone have a similar issue in the forums and they mentioned having SKSE - do I need that to use Thuumic Shouter? Any help would be appreciated.

PC specs (if this helps):

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion

System Model: NY554AA-ABA e9240f

BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/31/09 13:56:34 Ver: 5.02

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM

Page File: 2458MB used, 13907MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 550 Ti

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1244&SUBSYS_089C196E&REV_A1

Display Memory: 4065 MB

Dedicated Memory: 993 MB

Shared Memory: 3071 MB

You should probably detail your issue in that mods comment thread so the author can more directly help you (as well as be made aware of).

Also, what did you mean by "my particular version of Skyrim"? What version of Skyrim are you running?