Change Character Appearance?

Wisebap

Ok basically I am a noob when it comes to game mods, Skyrim is the first game I have used mods in. I got a lot of new mods installed today and loving the texture packs etc so I have a decent understanding on how to install what I want when I want, to the point is there a way to change your characters appearance in game like in the screenies from this mod

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4307

Is that a mod the developer is using? As it is not the start of the game where you are standing at the wagon before you go to get beheaded, or is something typed into the console? Any help would be great!

Thanks, Wise

It doesn't effect your stats unless you change race and then it resets your points to be evenly distributed across all skills ...

AFAIK:

It will NOT, however, change your racial bonus if you switch to a different one i.e Start as Nord = Cold resistance, WILL NOT CHANGE if you convert to Argonian

It WILL switch off any active effects you are currently experiencing, including any resistances from potions, enchantments, until you save and reload, even if you don't change race

But .. try It and see, as everyone seems to have a different opinion on what it does or doesn't do ...

@ James, I temporarily changed my race to dark elf in order to use one of their skintones then changed back to my original race before closing the showracemenu console, and not only did pretty much all my stats lower and get randomly messed up, but I inexplicably had a sudden archery skill of 69 (when it had been somewhere around 20 before). Also, people frequently refer to me as an orc, but one time an NPC called me an elf so uh... anyway. I don't know if this only happens if you racechange, so sorry if my post was misleading. Someone else will have to test or share their knowledge.

The CK would be really nice, yes...

• 4 years later...

If you want to change your race without using console codes, you can use The Chicken Returns. One of the sheogorathian chicken's random replies is that he hates your appearance... which brings up the appearance change menu. I use it for fine tuning my appearance post-vampirization.