Guns in Skyrim

Tsig

That looks freaking awesome already. Since we want it to look Dwemer-esque you could likely remove some things from it like the 2 pointed parts on top of the gun that look like sights, as well as the piston like part in front of the trigger.

You'll probably want to color it Bronze when you get to that stage so it looks like the rest of the Dwemer inventions.

The bar that goes across the back of the loading chamber, you'll want to shorten the side bars so it looks like it's holding the firing chamber closed like it's supposed to. Other than that, it's freaking fantastic already. Can't wait to see how far you take it bro :)

Just so we're clear, it doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the stuff I linked...that's just reference material. If you want to make the barrel just 1 straight tube, that's fine with me. The loading and firing process should probably stay similar, but the rest of the design is up to you my friend. You're the one making it, not me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i know more about normal maps now (transfer it from high to low polygon model), f*cked it up a bit with this model but the knowledge will improve my upcoming models.

Hope this will work correctly ingame, the texture should work this way so next step will be the creation of maps, modeling the bullets and toying around with concept animations.

I'll check out this new tutorial 'bout working ingame animations as well but i guess i will wait until the release of the CK if the current creation process is too fuzzy.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fvv6zn.jpg

greetings

Edited by ghosu

I think after watching my follower dual wield two Staff of Fireballs and start firing at a dragon flying overhead, and seeing how awesome the concept model looks so far...I support this idea 100%. Since Dwemer weapons are sort of steam-punkish, why not add some small cogs and make the gun a little more angular? That's just me though. Still perfect the way it is.

I will leave it this way atm until i know more 'bout ingame animations and integration...would be a waste of time if i don't manage to get it working :)

Atm i just imported new swords but this task is much bigger. By adding more details i would need a good normal map and as already mentioned i had no clue 'bout that when i started to model the gun...for a good map i would have to rebuild the whole thing, don't have as much time atm :)

But cogs will be among the next models then, i already got an old concept of a dwemer 2h hammer in my dev.Art gallery :laugh:

Edited by ghosu